X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Terminator Salvation

Saw it tonight at a midnight release. Honostly, Im a little dissapointed. I was expecting.... more?
    B&W
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... it sure looks good.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Oh man... it's not another Terminator 3, is it? I'm sad to read your post Chris. ha ha
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Reviews have not been kind (some say it makes T3--a film I didn't mind (I do have a soft spot for Claire Danes, though, so my objectivity was in question --look quite good).

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
          Huh... it sure looks good.
          Yes, the trailers looked awesome IMO.

The following wont give any details to the movie, just how I feel. Its not a spoiler but if you dont want to have anyones opinion on a movie sway yours dont read.

Ive been pumped for this movie since last year. I was looking forward to it being the boxoffice buster of the year.

Maybe I had too high of hopes, but I was really looking forward to it taking off and breathing new life into the series after 3.

The special effects were great, but I didnt feel there was any substance to the movie, no heart, no reason.

IMO the real standout was Sam Worthington. Such a shame.

Maybe I am being overly harsh because I had such high hopes. It wasnt a horrible move by any means, just it was... meh.
          B&W

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

hello all,

i loved the film.
            the previews ruined a major part of this film.
            can someone explain why / how a key person was young?
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

IIRC, didn't John Connor say in a monologue that "this is not the future my mother told me about" or something like that?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bmac
                • Aug 2006

The return to the future was what I wanted to see. I got really tired of the whole chase and Kill John Connor thing. It reminded me of Friday the 13th, or Halloween indestructible killer chases people relentlessly. I wanted to see the technology behind both sides. I had hoped to see more of the human condition after the fall of man. I felt dropped in and expected to run with it. How about answering some questions first. I thought the flash forwards in T2 were great, and they had me wanting more, but this left me wanting a redo. I need a rated R movie that's not afraid to show war, a 'Saving Private Ryan' in the future. We need to lose people we like, and things need to end badly sometimes. Stalingrad during WWII comes to mind as a model. I need to feel the despair,doubt, and frustration....instead I get Hollywood's all flash and no substance.

Grade: C-
                Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bmac
                  I need to feel the despair,doubt, and frustration....instead I get Hollywood's all flash and no substance.

Grade: C-
                  Yep, the PG-13 rating was one of the major flaws IMO. Still pissed off over this movie. :lol:
                  B&W

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Bmac
                    I need to feel the despair,doubt, and frustration....instead I get Hollywood's all flash and no substance.
                    Most likely it was Hollywood's formulaic approach to "blockbuster" movies. Make it PG-13 to allow a much larger target audience to see it (to improve box office totals) and consequently water down the high impact/high trauma scenes that add so much to a movie, ie. Saving Private Ryan.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Ovation
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Some movies are ideally PG/PG-13 (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings) and some...are not. Terminator movies fall into the latter category.

Comment

• chrisn
                        • Sep 2007

A little late (I saw it opening night), but, I didn't have a problem with it I saw T3 shortly after this movie. IMO, T3 was far worse. John Connor was too weak in T3, I liked Christian Bale much better.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"