X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Saw this over the weekend, great flick IMHO. Good back story to the others (though there's a few things that are kinda weird that don't fit, but not a big deal IMHO). Definitely a little "darker" than the others as well. I like X-Men when I was a kid but wasn't a huge comic junkie or anything so I did not realize a lot of those character's origins (and not sure if the movie deviated from the comics). Overall, totally worth my $7 matinee ticket. I would probably see it again in the theater if another friend of mine wants to go.

:T:T

Spoiler comment:
    I had no idea Wolverine was so old!! From the first one I gathered he was maybe a little older than prof X but wow, never woulda guessed he was around in 1845. And those claws he was born with are so weak looking after being used to his adamantium claws lol
    -Chuck
  • 1oldguy
    • Dec 2008

Name the time lol.

I saw it on Saturday.I too liked the film.For those interested if you buy the Blue ray versions of the X-men there will be a free ticket ...but in order to get the ticket you have to register on line and will be sent to you in 2 to 3 weeks.I being a fan have my tickets coming.Guess I will get to see it again.
    A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I also saw it last week. I enjoyed it for what it was.
      B&W

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by impala454
        Spoiler comment:
        I had no idea Wolverine was so old!! From the first one I gathered he was maybe a little older than prof X but wow, never woulda guessed he was around in 1845. And those claws he was born with are so weak looking after being used to his adamantium claws lol
        Not really a spoiler if one has seen any of the trailers.

Kevin D.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

C'mon Blu-Ray. (tapping foot impatiently)

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
            Not really a spoiler if one has seen any of the trailers.

Kevin D.
            Eh I think some of the trailers showed him fighting in WW2, but not in the civil war. huge difference in years there. I just figured it was nicer to be safe than sorry
            -Chuck

Comment

• audioqueso
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

I know the movie changes a bunch of things, but Wolverine doesn't really have claws. His only power was his extreme healing abilities. He gained claws when Stryker (the guy from X2) put adamantium through his body during the Weapon-X Project.

I can't wait to see this movie!
              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

Eh I think some of the trailers showed him fighting in WW2, but not in the civil war. huge difference in years there.
                Please wait while I beat a dying horse

It was quick, but there right before the WWII scene.

[YOUTUBE]LPmbGzQaOCs[/YOUTUBE]

I just figured it was nicer to be safe than sorry
                I know, just messing with you. Pretty fun to have a conversation between spoiler tags just to make people curious. It's so quick I imagine most people missed it. I'm one of those that catch little errors and piss everyone off skipping back to show them.

Kevin D.

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

I watched this movie last night. This movie was awesome! Sure, one could critique certain areas or specific details, but you can't go to the movie theather to watch this movie like that. Just sit down, and enjoy the show. One thing that stood out to me is Gambit's sound-effects. They are really going to sound awesome on blu-ray! Especially the card-shooting part from the trailer.
                  Awesome movie! Go watch it!
                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"