X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Here are some deleted scenes that have just been released!!

Deleted scenes
    B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I FINALLY saw this last night. That is easily the best comic book-based movie ever written. I have to admit, I didn't like the last 5 minutes where they tied off the story with Two-Face. Just like at the end of Batman Begins where they mentioned Joker, they could have left it unfinished with Two-Face. But man, this movie was great! Once again, the thing I didn't like about Christian Bale is how he changes his voice when he's Batman. Kind of annoying. But it was just great. It was so well written, and had the same complex plot-forming that great comic books have. It wasn't a simple "here's the foreseeing climax" and the end. Maggie Gyllenhaal kind of bothered me. Not her acting, just... she's not cute. Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins. ha ha

On the technical side, this movie is going to make one heck of a standard for all home theaters. The surround processing and sound effects were just incredible! Very nerd like, but that's the first thing that caught my attention during the first action scene. I'll have to have my HT setup completely by this winter so I can play it there. :B

And lastly, I must agree with everyone, Heath Ledger was flawless. Even though his character was the center of the movie (there were several parts of the movie where it seems the Joker didn't even exist), you couldn't wait to see more of the Joker. His character was VERY WELL written, and Heath Ledger executed it perfectly. I can definitely see Heath Ledger taking an Academy Award for his role as the Joker.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

... the thing I didn't like about Christian Bale is how he changes his voice when he's Batman.
        Although it is based on a comic book, in which world, people are completely thrown off of someone's identity with a change of costume, (or donning or doffing a pair of glasses), how "realistic" would it have been for Batman and Bruce Wayne to sound exactly alike and still have everyone baffled by the question of "who is Batman?" (which, was, as I recall, a pivotal point to the movie). A "real" Bruce Wayne would have to change his voice while working as Batman to help keep his identity secret.

I thought Bale's Batman sounded a lot like Clint Eastwood's Harry Callahan character... I was just waiting for him to tell some punk to "go ahead, make my day". Would you rather have had Bale use the voice of some other unflinching tough guy like, say, Mike Tyson? Whatever he would say, there would be a sound bite to remember. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

But that's just it, if Clint Eastwood did it, Clint's natural calm voice is different from his bad-ass voice. That's Clint Eastwood! But when Christian Bale does it, it doesn't sound natural.

So maybe I should rephrase that. It's not that I didn't like that he spoke different... because that would have be different. A cool Bruce Wayne voice, and a more stern, more serious voice for Batman. Instead, he forces a voice that is not his own. It's not realistic at all for anyone to start faking a voice unless they're a comedian. Even with ANY super-hero type movie, no one forces a different voice when they're masked. They just talk meaner or more serious. And if he did that, I think it would would have been better. But... it's like Madonna speaking with a British accent. ha ha

Comment

• chrisn
            • Sep 2007

Yeah, the sound was pretty good. At most theaters I feel as though all the speakers are mounted on the ceiling, facing down. This was recorded and played back well.

Christian Bale doesn't get as much attention as he should, imo. Batman Begins, Dark Knight and, lest we forget, American Psycho, all great movies. I couldn't picture anyone else portraying his character(s). The voice didn't really bother me, but I respect your opinion. I haven't watched a Clint Eastwood movie in a long time though, so that could change.

Maggie Gyllenhaal, I agree, and I do not belive we are alone. I realy liked Katie Holmes from Begins. Wish she would have reprised her role, but what can I do?

Comment

• cinema bob
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Vancouver
              Seriously??

I rate Spiderman in a distant 7th

Batman Begins
              Dark Knight
              Superman Returns
              The Incredible Hulk
              Xmen
              Blade
              Spiderman 1

And then a Spiderman 2 and 3 take the last two possible spots of worst comic movies ever made along with catwoman which I never saw but didnt need to...spiderman 3 might actually be one of the worst movies ever made period.
              I'd take Hulk off the list and Put Hellboy in the #3 spot... oh and flip 1 and 2... otherwise i agree completely

Comment

• impala454
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chrisn
                Maggie Gyllenhaal, I agree, and I do not belive we are alone. I realy liked Katie Holmes from Begins. Wish she would have reprised her role, but what can I do?
                Totally agreed. I think it's mega lame when they can't recast the same person for a role in a sequel. I wonder what the story behind that is... i.e. was it her or the studios, and what was the problem?
                -Chuck

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

I believe she was pregnant and could not meet the shooting schedule--as a secondary character, they were not going to hold up the entire production just for her.

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

did you guys know that there is a Dark Knight IMAX trailer on the special edition Batman Begins BRD? Its the whole opening Bank scene, makes for great Demo material.

This is going to be a great reference movie for our ht's. :T

I got to see the this film opening night at the Arclight in Hollywood, one of the best film presentations in a theatre that I have seen in awhile, I think the only place that would have been better would have been the Graumans Chinese theatre.
                    Here are some pics of the opening night festivities. They were on a 24 hour showing schedule for this movie, we got there at midnight and even at that time of night the crowds of people in the lobby, and outside was mind boggling.

Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• impala454
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Ovation
                      I believe she was pregnant
                      that's no excuse!!
                      :P
                      -Chuck

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Ovation
                        I believe she was pregnant and could not meet the shooting schedule--as a secondary character, they were not going to hold up the entire production just for her.
                        I'm willing to bet it had more to do with her Nazi husband. 8)

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                          • Sep 2001

I'm willing to bet it had more to do with her Nazi husband.
                          Just because he plays a Nazi in a recent film doesn't mean he is one, any more than Jerry Lewis acting like a boorish goof-ball on screen means that he's an insufferable jerk. (OK, bad example.) :>) For all we know, TC may be a certifiable nut-case, but even jumping on Oprah's couch doesn't make him a storm trooper. :>)

Comment

• audioqueso
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Nov 2004

Really??? He is playing the role of a Nazi? I didn't even know that. ha ha... strange coincidence.
                            I was referring to how anything he does, it always has to be his way. He is notorious for having things his way only. And... she's his wife... hence "nazi husband".

Comment

• Alloroc
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Dec 2005

Maggie Gyllenhall and Nazis? Am I missing something?! She's not married to Tom Cruise. He's married to Katie Holmes.

Anyway, finally got to see this movie and it is, indeed, bloody amazing. A fantastic movie, great acting and will make for a grear BRD purchase.

One thing, the voice that you're commenting on.... I can't be sure, but isn't supposed to be digitally altered when he's wearing the hood - as opposed to being 'put on'?
                              Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                                • Sep 2001

Maggie Gyllenhall and Nazis? Am I missing something?!
                                Yes. At that point, we were talking about Katie Holmes, not Maggie Gyllenhall.

Originally Posted by Ovation

I'm willing to bet it had more to do with her Nazi husband

She's not married to Tom Cruise. He's married to Katie Holmes.
                                Right. We all agree that Maggie Gyllenhall is NOT married to Tom Cruise. Katie Holmes didn't get to reprise the part for "The Dark Knight", and that is what we were discussing (including Katie's husband -- who plays a Nazi in a recently filmed movie -- as part of the reason for her not getting to participate in the movie) .

Comment

• Alloroc
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Dec 2005

Okeydoke. I wasn't getting it!
                                  Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• alexcd
                                    • Feb 2006

Amazing movie. Long but I wish it was even longer.

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"