X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Rumors for the next Batman

Interesting that people are calling the next one "Batman 3", like none of the other Batman movies ever existed. I thought several of them were actually quite good, and should not be discarded just because they've decided to re-start the series with a new Bruce Wayne actor and different feel for the series.

Anyhoo... here's a rumor that the next one may go back to the Riddler for the villan, with Johnny Depp this time. As many of us like Depp, I think this would be an EXCELLENT choice.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

You thought several of them were quite good??? Like what? The Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson Batman was great. It's still good to watch. ...that's about it. The only thing that made any of the following one's worth while was Tommy Lee and Jim Carey. You really liked the Val Kilmer/George Clooney Batmans?? Really????

So apparently there's lots of rumors for the next Batman, but Nolan stated in August that the script wasn't even started yet, so it kind kills the possibility of ANY rumor being true. There is a HORRIBLE rumor (which I hope stays at that) that Cher will play Catwoman. I truely hope not. I like the idea of Depp plaing the Riddler. He's already weird as it stands, and knows how to channel that into great acting.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yeah, I liked the original with Keaton. And Val Kilmer was actually my favorite Batman of the originals--really thought he fit the part, and I liked the entire movie with Carrey and Jones. That one was Batman Forever--wasn't there a Batman Returns that was decent? I'm not remembering that one. But NO... did NOT like any of the Clooney Batmans. He didn't fit the part, and the movies were very poorly produced, too.

(I still can't see Keaton without thinking "Mr. Mom")
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
        ...should not be discarded just because they've decided to re-start the series with a new Bruce Wayne actor and different feel for the series.
        Well, I agree with you, but at the same time... that was over 10 years ago. They've done Punisher 3 times already, Hulk twice, The Flinstones 3 times, and what else. They never labelled them 2 or 3. I agree with you, but I find no disrespect or discarding to start a fresh new series of Batman movies and consider it 1, 2, or 3.

Comment

• littlesaint
          • Jul 2007

Philip Seymour Hoffman is rumored for the Penguin. I don't believe any of these rumors are very solid. Interesting none the less.
          Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by audioqueso
            Well, I agree with you, but at the same time... that was over 10 years ago. They've done Punisher 3 times already, Hulk twice, The Flinstones 3 times, and what else. They never labelled them 2 or 3. I agree with you, but I find no disrespect or discarding to start a fresh new series of Batman movies and consider it 1, 2, or 3.
            There were 3 Punishers?
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• impala454
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2007

Not a big Depp fan myself... would hate to see him turn the new Batman movies into a semi-comedy.
              -Chuck

Comment

• littlesaint
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by impala454
                Not a big Depp fan myself... would hate to see him turn the new Batman movies into a semi-comedy.
                Have you seen Sweeney Todd? I think he does criminally insane quite well. The Riddler would have some glib to him. My only objection is the Riddler character would have to be very similar to the Joker to keep the same Nolan tone.
                Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Paul Wu
                  There were 3 Punishers?
                  That's including the one that comes out this year. And yes, that makes 3. One from the 90's that I have (pretty cool), the one they made a few years ago, and this new one.

Comment

• impala454
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by littlesaint
                    Have you seen Sweeney Todd? I think he does criminally insane quite well. The Riddler would have some glib to him. My only objection is the Riddler character would have to be very similar to the Joker to keep the same Nolan tone.
                    Nah I haven't, might have to see it if it deviates from his other stuff, thanks.
                    -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

In my mind riddler and joker sound like the same character. I never really followed the comics or anything but seems like to common of a character to be different.

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Yeah, I guess I can see your point Doug. You really have to have read the comics to understand that they're not the same. The Joker was a crazy, evil, genius. The Riddler was sort of kind of mentally insane. Like a sickness in that he HAD to always play his plans out in riddles and whatnot (like a madman). You remember Batman Forever, when Jim Carey gets caught and is in the asylum? When he first starts talking to Nicole Kidman, THAT is really what the Riddler was like in the comics.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"