X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarahbee
    • Jun 2005

Dexter

Anyone else watch this PHENOMENAL show? Just thought I'd give the heads up for those of you non-showtime subscribers. CBS is going to start airing season one Feb 17!
    "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

This show is excellent! Keeps you guessing constantly its one of the hardest shows to predict although there are a couple moments that were predictable but over all it keeps you on your toes. I very much enjoy it and can't wait for it to start back up. I won't watch them on CBS though they take too much out.

Comment

• littlesaint
      • Jul 2007

Excellent program...on Showtime. Not sure how it will play out on CBS.
      Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It'll all depend on the editing. Any bets on whether we get good editors? :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

There is a lot that they will edit out and I wouldn't watch on CBS simply because they would be editing out to much and changing the show to much for me.

Comment

• Alloroc
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2005

They show this on FX over here. I like it when I get to see it - infrequently in fairness. I should watch it more - at lease set up a series link for record.
            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Sarahbee
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
              There is a lot that they will edit out and I wouldn't watch on CBS simply because they would be editing out to much and changing the show to much for me.
              This article is pretty informative and goes into detail about how the editing process is going to be done. I guess not that much is going to be taken out, only six minutes of the show in total, which really is nothing. I'm really excited for this to start. This show is my all time fav!
              Last edited by Sarahbee; 11 February 2008, 14:12 Monday.
              "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

I couldn't wrap myself around this concept. So, I chose not to get involved when I had a trial showtime, now on CBS, probably won't either. (Still probably going to get showtime back soon)
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Sarahbee
                  • Jun 2005

Did anyone ever end up watching the CBS version of Dexter? I've been so pleasantly surprised at how fantastic of a job they did editing the show. Nothing gets lost in the edits, Michael C. Halls character is still executed flawlessly and beautifully, and the storyline is just as twisted and engrossing as it is on Showtime.

Lex the concept is a pretty bizarre one but that is what is so cool about this show. The writing and acting allows the viewer to get so caught up in it that people end up rooting for a guy that is killing people. It's sickeningly awesome, and I have never seen anything like it! You should def give it a chance before writing it off...

Comment

• Alaric
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Lex
                    I couldn't wrap myself around this concept. So, I chose not to get involved when I had a trial showtime, now on CBS, probably won't either. (Still probably going to get showtime back soon)
                    I'm with you on this one. Since when does a homicidal sociopath get to be the hero? :cry:
                    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                    Schiit Modi 3
                    Marantz CD5005
                    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Whoever said he's a hero? The show is a bit open ended and you sort of draw your own conclusion. They never portray him as a hero and most of the time its the other way around. It's just showing his life and whats happening in it.

Comment

• cinema bob
                        • Apr 2005

Just finished watching series one on netflix roku and I must say WOW! what a great show! The writing, the acting, the original take on a "cop show". Wife and I loved it!

Comment

• Hdale85
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2006

Yeah the newest season starts this fall can't wait.

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

3 more days! Getting excited Although I was most excited about Heroes so not quite as excited like I was then lol.

Comment

• littlesaint
                              • Jul 2007

Looks like it will be a good season. I'm a little sick of hearing about the "code" so it's nice to see Dexter break away from Dad's hold. The news at the end is a nice juxtaposition as long as it doesn't become a comedic gimmick.
                              Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2006

Yeah was a great first episode. Looking forward to next week that's for sure.

Comment

• its_bacon12
                                  • May 2008

Excited for season 6. Started watching Season 1 a few weeks ago and could not pull myself away in my free time.

Comment

• Ovation
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2004

Just started Season 4 on BD. Fantastic show.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Jan 2006

Season 4 was one of the best, and most depressing.

Comment

• Ovation
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Sep 2004

Say no more, I'm just about to watch episode 2.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Jan 2006

Lol, that's all I was leaving it at

Comment

• Gump
                                            • Sep 2005

Season 4 was awesome. John Lithgow played an amazing adversary for Dexter. I believe he won an Emmy for his portrayal. And I'll never look at Thanksgiving dinner the same....yikes!

A friend of mine encouraged me to watch Dexter and I too was reluctant due to the main theme. I even watched the first couple of episodes of season one and just wasn't impressed initially. A quirk of fate left me in a position to start watching Season 2 and SMACK! I was hooked like the proverbial large mouth bass.

Keith Carradine played a FBI serial killer profiler and what an incredible cat and mouse game ensued between him and Dexter, with a few other surprises tossed in for good measure. I bought the dvd set and I ended up staying up later than I wanted several times because I had to start the next episode to see how Dexter would get out of the impossible situations he found himself in. This show is the absolute King of the Kliffhangers! Ha!

Comment

Working...
                                            😀
                                            😂
                                            🥰
                                            😘
                                            🤢
                                            😎
                                            😞
                                            😡
                                            👍
                                            👎
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"