X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarahbee
    • Jun 2005

Depp/Burton's Sweeney Todd

I have always been such a HUGE fan of Depp/Burton projects and I just heard that they are doing Sweeney Todd which is going to be coming out in December! I never saw it on broadway, so I'm extremley excited to see it on the big screen! The official site is pretty Amazing!
    "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I don't know about this one. Depp singing ? Hmmm...
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Sarahbee
      • Jun 2005

Yea I was kind of skeptical at first too, but I watched the clip of him singing on the myspace page, and I think he does a pretty incredible job! I was also a little iffy about the musical aspect but I just read this review and I really think its going to be a hit. Have you seen Sweeney on Broadway?
      "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Hey, if they could teach Richard Gere to sing (Chicago)?????????????

Personally I have yet to see any Depp movie I didn’t thoroughly enjoy.
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by wkhanna

Yeah, that's a fact, Bill.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

They've got a 2 or 3 minute preview in HD (1080p) on the Playstation Network (PS3 store). I downloaded it since it's free and it has some of Depp singing and I have to say that I was amazed. He really does well, it's not completely a musical like style that he does, but it definitely works. I think it's going to be a really neat movie and going to really show off what HD is all about. The preview was stunning to watch.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Sarahbee
              • Jun 2005

Yea the more clips I have seen the more excited I am getting for this! I have always been a Johnny Depp fan so I knew I would be biased towards this movie, but I can genuinely say that his singing blew me away. Helena Bonham Carter's voice is also really good, it sounds very crisp! Have you guys seen the clips and interviews on the official site yet? If you have doubts I recommend checking it out.

Comment

• Dave999
                • Mar 2007

If he pulls this off, he deserves a lot of credit.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by wkhanna
                  Ditto :T

...wait no. Has anyone seen Dead Man ? That show was F'd! 8O (pardon my french)
                  Jason

Comment

• Sarahbee
                    • Jun 2005

I had never heard of that before... Looks really interesting, I may just have to check it out! Dave999, I totally agree. I think both Burton and Depp are long overdue an Oscar. And I have a feeling this project may just be the one! A lot of the reviews that have been coming out have been really really positive.

Comment

• wkhanna
                      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Go here for our previous discussion on 'Dead Man'.
                      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"