X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

I Am Legend

I think I might actually go see this movie when it comes out.

I saw the ad and instantly thought "Omega Man"?

But, after doing some looking around it actually looks like it could be pretty good.

Any other thoughts?

Did anyone else like Omega Man?
    -Joe
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

It's basically a remake of Omega Man. The main character in both films has the same name. But there's bound to be some differences in how the story unfolds. I look forward to seeing it.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by joetama
      I think I might actually go see this movie when it comes out.

I saw the ad and instantly thought "Omega Man"?

But, after doing some looking around it actually looks like it could be pretty good.

Any other thoughts?

Did anyone else like Omega Man?
      joetama,

How in the heck, do you know about Omega Man? It was well before your time! :B

Seriously, Omega Man was very cool, especially for it's time. Though I enjoyed Soylent Green quite a bit more!

Funny, I never put I Am Legend & Omega Man together when seeing the trailers. Probaly b/c of what George has already pointed out. But I can see it now. IAL looks interesting none-the-less. I hope it comes to DVD quickly.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• joetama
        • May 2006

Well, I used to watch the Classic Movie channel all the time when I was just a lad.

I saw a lot of movies before I saw their remakes, Gone In 60 Seconds, Vanishing Point, Italian Job with Michael Caine and Benny Hill are just some more examples.

I have never seen Soylent Green, I might have to go find it sometime now...
        -Joe

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Ah, the Classics channel. Very cool!!!

As for the examples you mentioned, all are very good films. I'm glad to read that you had the chance to enjoy the originals.

Soylent Green was another one of Charlton Heston heyday films. If you get around to seeing it, let us know your thoughts. I know that George and I really like.
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

Goodness....thanks for making me feel aged.I saw Omega Man in theater,and thought it was great.
            I'm also looking forward to Legend...

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by H.Donald
              Goodness....thanks for making me feel aged.I saw Omega Man in theater,and thought it was great.
              I'm also looking forward to Legend...
              Look at it this way, we got to see it in it's prime. Not some newly remastered fluff! :lol:

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Originally posted by John Holmes
                Look at it this way, we got to see it in it's prime. Not some newly remastered fluff! :lol:
                Yeah, how about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

I saw the previews and made the decision I will be seeing I Am Legend.

BTW, this is in the wrong forum
                  B&W

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                    I saw the previews and made the decision I will be seeing I Am Legend.

BTW, this is in the wrong forum
                    Yep. Now moved.
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

I Am Legend, the 1954 book by Richard Matheson, is the basis for both The Omega Man and the same-titled film coming out. The Omega Man departed from the book in that the monsters were not truly vampiric in nature, they just could not tolerate daylight. It looks from the trailers for I Am Legend that this portion of the story stayed closer to the book.

Yeah, this one is absolutely on the "trip to the mainland to see" list. :T

FWIW, Matheson also wrote the books that based the films A Stir Of Echoes, What Dreams May Come and Hell House.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

I really like Matheson's work. He did a tv mini series ( 1980 I believe ) called The Martian Chronicles and it was terrific. I have the 3 tape set still on old vhs. He also wrote the first NIGHT STALKER script that ended up being a series starring Darren McGavin: I really loved that series. I've read most of his books and many of this short stories. The man has a great imagination.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
                          • Jul 2000

I went to see I Am Legend yesterday. Best zombie movie to date. Big thumbs up from me. But, I'm a sucker for this genre.

Comment

• John Holmes
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Bob
                            I went to see I Am Legend yesterday. Best zombie movie to date. Big thumbs up from me. But, I'm a sucker for this genre.
                            I saw this yesterday as well. Very well done! This will be a must own DVD for me!

Comment

• H.Donald
                              • Aug 2004

My son and I went to see this movie today....
                              It wasn't a bad movie....high praise there.It wasn't a great movie,but somewhere in the middle...as in ok.All in all,I was just expecting a little more.I just did not feel gripped at anytime...or on the edge of my seat at any time,or have any real feeling for any of the characters.
                              And if Will had said,"I can fix this" one more time,I would have yelled at him..."hey Will 90% of the population is dead,it can't be fixed!!!
                              Also...the ending was just too tidy and predictable....or perhaps I'm just too picky.
                              Just my opinion,still...it should be seen,I just expected...more,of something.

Comment

• pengilly
                                • Jan 2008

Ive heard its just "ok" as well

Comment

• Alloroc
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Dec 2005

Saw this one. An intersting movie. I too was left feeling as if something was missing and I'm still not quite sure what that is. It's presentation of a post apocalyptic New York stunning, disturbing and provocative. Furthermore, I thought the dog was a great addition to the storyline - a great mechanism to give Neville an outlet for interaction and a way to display how he deals with the solitude, loneliness and terror of his life. The cgi zombies were a letdown - Reminding me of the videogame like robots from iRobot.

I think a 6 out of 10 for me.
                                  Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• H.T.C
                                    • Nov 2003

Umm,lets not forget the first version of i am legend, the european-made vincent price movie last man on earth, which richard matherson wrote the screenplay for under another name.

Yes, roddy mcdowel, the lead character in the legend of hell house was a great flim too!.
                                    Robert

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"