X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Damages?

Hello All,

Anybody watching "Damages?" So far it's keeping our interest.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by june
    Hello All,

Anybody watching "Damages?" So far it's keeping our interest.
    I've been watching this on Netflix online--very addictive (I've gone through 2 and half seasons in a little over a week and I don't really have the time to do so unless I cut back on sleep). I'm not especially attached to any of the characters but I do find the non-linear narrative structure compelling. Enough to keep me coming back for more.

Comment

• baniels
      • Nov 2006

I watched the first few seasons. I think the last one I watched was with Ted Danson. The following season failed to grab me, or I failed to give it enough attention.

Maybe I should resume it?
      L&R Build
      Sub Build

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

My Wife and I like it. We've also been doing the Netflix thing as well.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by baniels
          I watched the first few seasons. I think the last one I watched was with Ted Danson. The following season failed to grab me, or I failed to give it enough attention.

Maybe I should resume it?
          I'm a bit more than halfway through season 3. Danson has appeared in each of the seasons, though only prominently in season 1. I don't know if he's in season 4. I do know that season 5 (not yet on Netflix) is supposed to be the final season.

It's not a perfect show (a few too many convenient coincidences) but its structure is certainly cleverly done with all the foreshadowing and cutting back and forth out of sequence. It would have been better for my sleep habits these past few weeks if I'd caught this on TV and been forced to wait for the next instalment. As it is, it is very hard not to "watch just one more" and find myself turning off the TV at 1:30 AM with a 6 AM wakeup.

Comment

• baniels
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ovation
            Danson has appeared in each of the seasons, though only prominently in season 1.
            Now that I think about it, I watched at least two season. Maybe part of the third. I'll have to give it another go.
            L&R Build
            Sub Build

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"