X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmac
    • Aug 2006

Another Beowulf movie

How many times can they make this movie....

This one looks like alot of liberties were taken with the story...

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

I hope it's good.
    Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15
  • Russ L
    • Jul 2006

Looks like it could be a great movie...can't wait till it comes out. One of my favourite stories. Looks like Hollywood is trying to capitalize on the critical success of the European/Canadian small budget production of Beowulf and Grundel. Too bad the overexposed and wooden Angelina Jolie is cast, I'll have to try and look past that poor choice. -Russ
    Russ

Comment

• Bmac
      • Aug 2006

I saw Beowulf and Grundel, a good movie....but the 13th Warrior was my favorite version.
      Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I bought Beowulf and Grundel and have watched it three times so far. I'm not sure about this new one coming out. I'm not too crazy about that particular cgi ( half animation, half real actor ) look.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Alloroc
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

I'm looking forward to this one, particularly when I look at the cast list.
          Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Russ L
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
            I bought Beowulf and Grundel and have watched it three times so far. I'm not sure about this new one coming out. I'm not too crazy about that particular cgi ( half animation, half real actor ) look.
            I don't mind CG if its done well and in moderation. I agree that it was a refreshing twist to see a movie like this done so well without CG. Real boats and storms? :E I watched it 3 times as well and like good films it gets better each time. Sarah Polley was brilliant as the witch Selma. She can act. -Russ
            Russ

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I think Beowulf And Grendel is the high point for the telling of this story. Having said that though, 13th Warrior is one of my favorite movies. It just didn't come across to me as a close re-telling of the story - more of a "based on" type of thing. I am looking forward to seeing the new version, but it has its work cut out for it to top Beowulf And Grendel.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Fred333
                • Oct 2007

I liked the 13th Warrior too. I am getting kinda sick of the Beowulf movies though. Don't they have other movie ideas to make?
                Always looking for a Scranton Web Design company.

Comment

• Sarahbee
                  • Jun 2005

Did any of you hear that they are going to be showing the 1-18-08 trailer before Beowulf??
                  "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Bmac
                    • Aug 2006

Is that the new Godzilla movie? I've seen the teaser, but I wasn't sure what it was.

Comment

• Sarahbee
                      • Jun 2005

No one really knows what it is yet, that's why this trailer is a big deal....

As for Beowulf, I'm really amped about it. I was shocked as to how many big name actors are going to be in it... Not only the smokin' Angelina Jolie, but Anthony Hopkins, John Malkovich, and Ray Winstone! It's a great story with an incredible cast to back it up....
                      "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• John Holmes
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

I saw this yesterday in IMax 3D Digital. From a technical standpoint, it was most enjoyable. It has been the only 3D film that I've seen that truly made me believe I was in the film. And the picture quality was nothing short spectacular. I would venture to say perfect blacks! Many scences are shot in dim and dark areas. But the detail in every scene was clean. I never had to guess at what might be here or there in the dark.

As for the movie itself. Of the previous films, I've only seen "The 13th Warrior" (which I enjoyed). So, I didn't really have an issue with the story or what liberties that were taken with the script. I enjoyed this film! Lot's of great action, fun acting and incredible sound.

Anyone that does not see this film in 3D, will be selling themselves short!

BTW, this is not a film for children.
                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Kent Turb0
                          • Jun 2005

Deleted
                          Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:15 Saturday.

Comment

• joetama
                            • May 2006

Hmm...

I never realized "13th Warrior" was based on Beowulf...

I might have to go buy/rent it again...
                            -Joe

Comment

• Ovation
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by John Holmes
                              I saw this yesterday in IMax 3D Digital. From a technical standpoint, it was most enjoyable. It has been the only 3D film that I've seen that truly made me believe I was in the film. And the picture quality was nothing short spectacular. I would venture to say perfect blacks! Many scences are shot in dim and dark areas. But the detail in every scene was clean. I never had to guess at what might be here or there in the dark.

As for the movie itself. Of the previous films, I've only seen "The 13th Warrior" (which I enjoyed). So, I didn't really have an issue with the story or what liberties that were taken with the script. I enjoyed this film! Lot's of great action, fun acting and incredible sound.

Anyone that does not see this film in 3D, will be selling themselves short!

BTW, this is not a film for children.
                              Saw this last night in 3D (not IMAX though). An enjoyable experience with stunning visuals, but I found the pacing uneven (mostly from the time Beowulf becomes king until he decides to confront the dragon). Haven't seen the other Beowulf movies, though that will undoubtedly change. Have to say a 3D version of Angelina (even with all the "weirdness") rates a big :T

Comment

• John Holmes
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Glad you enjoyed it, Ovation!

And yes, I agree with you about the pace at that sector of the film.
                                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"