X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Ratatouille???

Pixar's newest is out now. Got 4 stars in our local paper... one particular line from the reviewer caught my eye, too. "This is the most beautiful piece of animation I've ever seen."

It's getting an amazing 95% on the Rotten Tomatometer here on day 1, with 119 reviews so far! (side note: Michael Moore's "Sicko" is also receiving very strong reviews)

Sounds like Pixar might have another winner!! Who's seen it? Whatcha think?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hellooooo, anyone seen it yet?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I gotta go see this, as soon as I can get away from my online classes... working on our new house... unpacking all the boxes... building a brand new company at work...

Crap, okay, so I'm never going to get a chance.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Denton
        • Nov 2000

My favorite movie of the year so far. The grandkids liked it, too.

Comment

• Dave999
          • Mar 2007

The movie was entertaining and funny. Technically, the picture was exceptional. Its a good movie to take the kids to and for adults to enjoy as well.

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Saw it with my daughter yesterday. Great movie. I was in a giant, stadium seating cinema and it was presented on a DLP projector. Colours were fantastic, no rainbows (I presume a three chip design), blacks were great--screen material was not great, though, as it seemed to have the same silk screen effect that plagues so many digital RPTVs. On very bright scenes, it was distracting. I don't fault the projector, though, as it seems entirely a screen material issue (though if anyone knows more about this, I'd be happy to learn about it).

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Took the family to see it today. Pixar has done it yet again! Great movie, although I do not agree that it's Pixar's best. Don't think it passes "Toy Story 2", but still very good. There were a few flat parts.

As always, I found myself cursing the theater and it's quality. Somebody had even thrown something against the screen, and there were little blotches with some streaks from where it ran down.

Will be buying this one when it comes out, just like all the others. Hopefully, it will make it to Blu-Ray not too far after it goes to DVD, unlike "Cars". All in all, :45: out of :5:
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

(oh, and I thought the "alien abduction" short before the movie was pretty darn good, too)
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
                  (oh, and I thought the "alien abduction" short before the movie was pretty darn good, too)
                  I love slapstick when it's well done and this was great. (the look on the "instructor's" face was priceless) :lol:

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Yes... that's exactly the way I feel often as a pilot when I'm taking a checkride or something.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2004

Watched it last night. I enjoyed watching this movie. The cgi was nothing short of Pixar-spectacular. It was funny, but I don't think I laughed as much as I did on Monster Inc. The movie kept a very good pace, so you'll never feel like it's getting slow.

One thing, this is a lot more a kid movie than any other Pixar film that I've watched. In the past, most Pixar films have been amusing to adults because of their hidden jokes. Not adult-rated jokes, but jokes that kids wouldn't get. I didn't really hear or see any in this movie. So it's good for anyone.

Great movie. I recommend it.
                      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Dave999
                        • Mar 2007

Looks like it will be coming out in Blu Ray relatively soon. Should be demo material.

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Well, I think Pixar will finally have to get around to releasing "Cars" on BD first, which keeps getting pushed back. Then Ratatouille.
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dave999
                            • Mar 2007

I have seen them both scheduled for a November 6th release. Unless it gets delayed again like you say Chris.

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Wow, getting both on the same day would be like Christmas. :T
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"