The New World - Has Anyone Seen A Trailer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The New World - Has Anyone Seen A Trailer?

Was surfing and came across a new movie from director Terrence Malik (The Thin Red Line, Days Of Heaven) called The New World. It's a re-telling of the John Smith/Pocahontas Jamestown settlement story. One thing we can probably count on is that with Mr. Malik at the helm, it'll be visually georgeous. Has anyone seen a trailer?

It stars:

Colin Farrell (Alexander, S.W.A.T., Daredevil) as John Smith
    Christian Bale (The Machinist, Reign Of Fire,Capt. Corelli's Mandolin) as John Rolfe
    Christopher Plummer (Alexander, National Treasure, A Beautiful Mind) as Capt. Christopher Newport
    Wes Studi (Last Of The Mohicans, Heat, Dances With Wolves) as Opechancanough
    Q'Orianka Kilcher (How The Grinch Stole Christmas) as Pocahontas

Here's a publicity photo from the film:

Attached Files

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Haven't seen the trailer as yet. You know, Malik doesn't do a lot of stuff, probably because the critics hammer him so much, but I for one appreciate his work, and you are right, the visuals will likely be something to SEE.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

Looks interesting. Hopefully it won't be as boring as Thin Red LIne was. :Z :Z :Z

If anything this will be an odd movie.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Shane, he stuff does tend to be boring on the surface because his films are so layered. He is not your average film director, that's for sure. But I do like analyzing his films. I've watched The Thin Red Line several times ( even though it drags in places) and each time I get something different from it.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

Be nice to Colin and don't list Alexander among his films.

BB

Comment

• maximumshow
            • Nov 2004

I saw the trailer for this film and it looks amazing!

This may sound ridiculous, but it's refreshing to see a movie with Natives in it where they aren't all "hollywoodized". The costumes and makeup look really authentic, which means I wont get distracted.

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Saw the trailer yesterday.

I personally enjoyed "The Thin Red Line" (and own it), so I'm looking forward to this movie. I hope the extras its released with (eventually on DVD) include info about any research they put into preparation of the story and characters.

Looks good. I loved the sound effects and scoring of The Thin Red Line, and hope he makes use of the same simplicity.

Havent seen Alexander by the way.
              ~Nick

Comment

• mikeyc
                • Sep 2004

Can't wait for this new one from Malick. I agree, TRL has a fantastic soundtrack. I've also watched TRL 3 times now and everytime it seems new. Such a layered, textured film. Trying to get his other films, esp. Badlands.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"