X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Oh Man - Bob Hope Has Passed Away.

Not un-expected as he was 100 and not in good health, but it bums me out anyway. Mr. Hope, there wasn't another like you. God bless.
    1. CNN Story

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Oh, man. Just passed his hundreth birthday, too. Very sad. He was my all time favorite actor and comedian.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• I'mListening
      • Jul 2003

Yet another Hollywood legend to fall...we have lost so many these last few months. Early Hollywood and the actors and actresses that graced the silverscreen of old will always live on in legend, but the Hollywood and actors and actresses of today and tomorrow will never be able to fill the Stars along Hollywood Blvd. with the likes of Gable, Hepburn, Kelly, and Rogers. Indeed, God bless Bob. An actor. A comedian. And most of all...a true humanitarian.

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
      Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Mr. Bob Hope, Mr. "Thanks for the Memories", and yet now, it is us that is thanking him for the memories. I remember fondly his shows for the troops overseas. You don't think Bob wouldn't rather have been home with his family for Christmas, instead of in some God forsaken part of the world entertaining? That's right, you know he wouldn't have been as happy. Sure, part of him would have wanted to be with family, but Bob was to much the gentleman, to much the giver to ever let his own true "hopes" and desires win out over those that needed him more.

He tried to enlist in the Army for WWII, but they wouldn't take him. They said he was more valuable as an entertainer for the men, than to be a soldier. I'd have to say that's true. How many men had genuinely their last good time watching his shows? You know many people died after the shows, as the wars, they went on.

I remember his college football awards shows, joking with the big bruisers, having a great time making us laugh. I remember the old movies, Bob, a great actor, as well as comedian. I remember what he did for the game of golf. Bob, always a golfer, always playing it up, while cutting up.

It is truly a sad day for Hollywood. A sad day for comedy. A sad day for America, and an even sadder day for all of us.

Rest in peace Mr. Hope. Thanks for the memories.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I was very sad to have heard this today. As a serviceman, I very much appreciate what Bob did for our troops over all these years, while others like Jane Fonda symbolically spat in our faces. You don't have to be in the military to serve your country honorably and make us proud.

Bob, we miss you. Thanks for the laughs, the encouragement, and the memories.

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I had about forgotten about this, but it must be said after my Dad reminded me of it tonight, and being wrote up in the newspaper as part of the Bob Hope story for East TN. In 1970, Bob Hope came to Knoxville as part of a Dogwood Arts Festival, my high school band met him at the airport. (I wasn't in high school yet, but was in the band as an 8th grader.) So, I did have the privledge of seeing Mr. Hope in person, not only that, but playing Thanks for the Memories as he got off the airplane at the airport here. That's a pretty nice memory that I almost forgot.

He came to Knoxville 2 more time, doing 2 shows as part of the 1982 World's Fair. I wish I had seen him then.

Doug
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"