• WillyD
    • Feb 2006

Are you kidding me?

That is horrible.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Whaaaaaa? That's some of the worst picture quality I've ever seen!

Sorry for you, man that stinks. I just watched it in HD OTA. CBS HD football to me ***defines*** quality HDTV, along with the Discovery Channel's "Over" series. (i.e. "Over Alaska", etc)
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• WillyD
        • Feb 2006

Agreed about the great CBS HD football PQ.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Yes, it would have been great to watch the detailed rain. lol. I'd like to have watched HD, but I won't pay cable 100.00 a month to do it, nope.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

The picture quality was pretty good all things considered (rain, etc, fogging up the lenses etc.) The sound could have been better though. There was practically no surround sound at all, and during commercial breaks, the sound (when using the DD digital output) kept dropping out. Several people on AVS reported the same problem, so it was a CBS thing rather than anything local to my cable feed, station or equipment.

A 2nd TV connected to the analog outs on the same cable box didn't have any dropouts though. Just my pre-pro, so there must have been errors in the DD bitstream.

Comment

• chasw98
              Super Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

I have to agree. With what picture quality there was, it was good. But haven't they heard of heaters for the cameras? Even the fixed remote ones. We used to use them all the time for skiing events in Colorado. No new technology there!

But the sound :twisted: Attttttttrocious. The level was all over the place, on both sa and local OTA feed. There was some decent deep bass when the fireworks went off at the beginning of the halftime show and the mix for Prince was not bad, but the game itself was terrible. The difference between Jim Nantz and Boomer Esiason should get the engineer fired! The dropouts when going from national commercials to local promos and ads and back to national was unacceptable. Oh well, someday in the 24th century.

Chuck

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Audio sucked at last year's Superbowl too.....somebody needs to be fired there.
                Jason

Comment

• peterS
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005

cbs is the only local i dont get due to a contract dispute that was suppose to be resolved last year, usually i pick it up via antenna (thankfully the tuner is good on the h20 unlike the rest of the box-lol)

yesterday i did not get reception so I had to dig up the old rabbit ears

my only complaint was the audio but i guess that had nothing to do w/ ota
                  this is the FIRST time i have seen virtually no macro blocking due to bit rate issues receiving 1080i

great picture quality and the audio sounded great (when working)
                  not sure if the improvements are a testament to uncompressed hd , cbs or both

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"