X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zorg
    • Dec 2005

Mi3

What did people think?

Not bad - good for some light entertainment..

Won't spoil the story at all for who those who haven;'t see it.

Some parts seem to be a bit grainy and almost deliberately out of focus as well as some camera shake....

Looks like it took some inspiration from True Lies and Entrapment...

Overall expected a bit better, given the budget etc.

I think the Lamborgini Gallardo is the star of the show!!!, even better if Maggie Q comes with it..

On another note the new Pirates looks awesome..
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah? Interesting. Got one thumb up, one down from Ebert & Roeper. Roeper actually thought it was the best of the 3 in the series.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Hello All,

For the first time in life, I'll agree with Mr. Roeper. This was the best of the 3 films.
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• joetama
        • May 2006

I want to go see it in hopes that it has a really good soundtrack. Cause then i'll buy it on DVD for my home.
        -Joe

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

it was the best of the 3 series, but it's still not saying much because the first 2 was kinda stupid. In part II, how many masks did they have to "rip off" to make the twist work? The "mask" factor was much better in part III. That Maggie Q is sure hot.

Comment

• mike c
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
            ... In part II, how many masks did they have to "rip off" to make the twist work? The "mask" factor was much better in part III. ..
            I'd sooner believe warp speed than part II's mask thingy.
            check this out:
            if the mask thingy was remotely probable ... we can all look like Tom Cruise someday. (not that I'd want to)

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

And that's one of the things Ebert and Roeper pointed out--that you'd think sooner or later the characters would catch on to the constant "mask trick" and poke their companion's cheeks to see if they're real or not.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• purplepeople
                • Aug 2004

Actually, the mask stuff didn't bug me as much. That technology will be available in about 10 years. Even now, you could probably do it on a bigger custom built machine at a lower print resolution, slower cutting speed and with more rigid polymers.

No.. what really bugs me is when they mess with the basic laws of motion. Like when the explosion (don't worry, this is in the trailer) blows Mr. Tomkat sideways into a vehicle. And there is at one occasion when one character who is smart enough to work physics equations forgets that throwing an object forward is going to impart an equal and opposite shift in momentum. Doh!

Still I think it is the best storyline and dialogue of the three.

ensen.
                Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it...

Comment

• autio
                  • Mar 2005

Believe it or not I think you are supposed to suspend reality for a while (90 to a 120min) during these type of action flicks

ps I think that also goes for sci fi movies

Comment

• Brandon B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jun 2001

Everyone has a threshhold for that. Purple's is down near mine.

BB

The filmmakers guarantee no scientists were consulted in the making of this film

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

Leave your mind (and hearing aid) at the door, and you can certainly enjoy this film. I believe it's the best of the three, just my humble opinion.

3 1/2 out of 5.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"