X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

WB network and other network merging

Apparently by this fall, WB will no longer exist, a new network will be in existence combining programming from WB and I think it was Universal's UPN network? Maybe, going from memory there. I'm less than thrilled, as I've been a pretty big WB viewer. Change isn't always good, and who else is sick of mergers?
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

I watch both UPN and WB. In fact, the first thing I do on mornings is turn on WB to get the local weather, traffic and news. I am not happy with the merger but I understand the reasons behind it. Both networks are foundering and if they merge, hopefully one will survive and preserve some of the existing popular programs. At least that's better than having both networks go down the tubes, leaving us with none of our favorite shows.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Yeah, I guess that's it Glen. I watch WB quite a bit myself, as much as anything, their reruns. however, I was/am an Everwood fan. Though first, I hated that the moved the show from Monday this year, and second, it seems to be on hiatus right now.

I used to watch Smallwood more, and Charmed, but I'll admit network has stolen me back for some shows I like this year more than those it seems.

I guess it's true, what your saying though. Hopefully we will wind up with at least part of what we enjoy.

Doug
      Doug

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Doug, have you seen the recent WB11 station commercials advertising the "new" network. The combined UPN9/WB11 will now be known as CW11 and will preserve several existing UPN9 programs.

Glen

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Yeah, but they totally gutted the WB, that was my favorite evening network.

fact is, I may not know what to watch soon, unless I turn a DVD on.
          Doug

Comment

• Sarahbee
            • Jun 2005

I'm just so happy that most of my favorite shows from both networks survived (mostly the one i was worried about was Veronica Mars). WHEW. (But I am sorry about Everwood. That one should have stayed and awful One Tree Hill been cancelled).
            "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

I actually watched a bit of Veronica Mars last night, first time ever I think. Glad your show survived this level of cuts!

Oh, if I survived loosing Friends and Frazier in 1 year, I can survive any TV show. lol. I admit, those two were tough losses in one year for me.

Doug
              Doug

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"