X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Trade - a must to watch movie for everyone

Adriana is a 13-year-old girl from Mexico City whose kidnapping by sex traffickers sets in motion a desperate mission by her 17-year-old brother, Jorge, to save her.

Trapped and terrified by an underground network of international thugs who earn millions exploiting their human cargo, Adriana's only friend and protector throughout her ordeal is Veronica, a young Polish woman tricked into the trade by the same criminal gang.

As Jorge dodges immigration officers and incredible obstacles to track the girls' abductors, he meets Ray, a Texas cop whose own family loss leads him to become an ally in the boy's quest.

Fighting with courage and hard-tested faith, the characters of Trade negotiate their way through the unspeakable terrain of the sex trade "tunnels" between Mexico and the United States.

From the barrios of Mexico City and the treacherous Rio Grande border, to a secret Internet sex slave auction and the final confrontation at a stash house in suburban New Jersey, Ray and Jorge forge a close bond as they give desperate chase to Adriana's kidnappers before she is sold and disappears forever into this brutal global underworld, a place from which few victims ever return.

Will she be saved or lost, watch it!!

The acting was absolutely outstanding, especially by the two major stars playing the parts of brother and sister.

The character of Veronica played by Alicja Bachleda-Curus was also exceptional. She made her scenes gripping.

A very powerful and gripping movie but disturbing to learn the way of our world.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The mere thought of a 13 year old girl being abducted for sex slave purposes is downright revolting, and though this kind of content is something I usually avoid, I would watch something that is well done and in good taste. This sounds like such a film.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

No matter how revolting it might look, but its the reality of our world and it happens.

Movie has won 2 awards in the Munich film festival.
      Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by saurabh
        No matter how revolting it might look, but its the reality of our world and it happens.
        I'm quite aware of that. I see enough of it on the news every day, and that's all the more reason for me to avoid it in my home theater. But I don't live with my head buried in the sand and have watched more than one unpleasant subject matter on film if I feel it is well done. This one sounds like it is.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• june
          • Feb 2005

Hello All,

My wife & I really enjoyed this DVD. There are so many films that don't make the main stream in the Philly area.

We are trying to start a DVD club that will work like a book club. We'll meet for brunch every month to talk about a film or two.
          June
          "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

June, that's an awesome idea, for us that are "less cultured" (?) than those in book clubs, but would still like to do stuff like that. Perhaps it would turn out like the scene from Sleepless in Seattle?

Woman: "... and then, in An Affair To Remember, he comes back in, and.. (sniff)... she sitting in her wheelchair, and doesn't get up, because she's too proud to let him know... and he comes back, and they hug and kiss....booo hooo hoooo...."

(guys looking at her in disdain)

Guys: "... but you remember in The Dirty Dozen... when they're in the big battle scene... and a grenade lands... so he jumps on the grenade... " (getting all choked up)

(woman stops crying and looks at them like they're idiots... which we are)
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"