• Aug 2003

Lost S.P.

Who watched it last night!?!?!? :P I LOVE that show!! :yesnod:
    Jason
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Not me :rofl:

But seriously, it looks like a good series. Is there anything old or new that you can compare it to? This will give me some idea, and also do I have to watch every episode?

Azeke

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I can't really compare it to any TV shows..... Nothing really like it....

How about Gilligans Island but WAY more intense/dramatic/suspenseful etc :lol:

Really though I don't think I've seen another show that keeps you on the edge of your seat as much or as often. Not to mention all the direction it sends your brain spiraling thinking of possibilities/tangents/theories etc!!!

You probably don't have to watch it from the beginning but it wouldn't hurt! (And it's well worth it! :yesnod: Go rent it!)
      Jason

Comment

• Sithlord
        • Aug 2004

I absolutly love this show at the moment. I'm in the process of watching season 1 up to ep16 and loving it. I strongly suggest you watch it from the begining as it is character driven and you need to follow everyones journey and watch them evolve as the show progresses. Haven't been into a show like this since 24 Season 1. Give it a go.

Comment

• Pez
          • May 2004

If I had to comparing Lost to anything I would say a cross between The X-Files and Cast Away (although Gilligans Island is probably more accurate). Its been a long time since a show has captivated me like Lost. I am on my second viewing of the Season 1 DVD's now. There are so many instances of "background" things its hard to catch them all.

So lets hear your theroies on the hatch now that we know whats down there.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I just can't believe it's the same guy from the stadium that's down there! 8O And also when Walt was standing all wet in the jungle going "shhhhh" T :E

I don't know how the writers can keep this pace up!! But so far 1 full season and 1 episode they haven't let me down yet! :B
            Jason

Comment

• Sithlord
              • Aug 2004

Hey I'm not up to that part yet. I still have 3 episodes to go. They haven't opened the hatch yet . I love the fact there are so many possibilties and too many varibles to even try to understand whats going on. My best guess would be it's like the movie The Game and either it's a govenment experiment or a Billionaires entertainment. Hope the show continues best show next to Battlestar Galactica new series IMO.

Comment

• ajpoe
                • Jul 2004

This show is absolutely amazing. Aud19, that's not all he said! Anyone who watches this show needs to read the forums at http://lost-forum.com/ if you don't already do so! No matter how close you watch the show, you miss a lot. The numbers appear everywhere and there are all kinds of details that are mentioned but may be missed. I can't believe some of the little things that were mentioned show you how their paths crossed prior to the island... it's very intriguing!
                AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Ok, who knew right away about the girl in the pit?!
                  Jason

Comment

• Glen B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                    Ok, who knew right away about the girl in the pit?!
                    Not me :duh: I didn't even think any of them still had the gun. Why didn't they use it against "the others" on the beach to avoid capture ? As always happens in TV shows/movies, some of the actions of the characters defy logic. :scratchhead:

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

Well I think it's at least somewhat plausible, I mean his character had been shot and probably lost a lot of blood... he's drags himself on shore and sees Jin(sp) yadda yadda. I think it's quite possible in the turmoil with added blood loss that he may have forgotten about the gun
                      Jason

Comment

• Glen B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                        Well I think it's at least somewhat plausible, I mean his character had been shot and probably lost a lot of blood... he's drags himself on shore and sees Jin(sp) yadda yadda. I think it's quite possible in the turmoil with added blood loss that he may have forgotten about the gun
                        As I recall, Michael, not the wounded Sawyer was last shown in possession of the gun prior to landing on the beach. You never know what you would do if faced with a real-life situation yourself but it seemed to me like someone had sufficient time to draw the weapon. :huh: Ah well.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                          • Jan 2002

No doubt this show gets better by the week... man they can leave ya hangin' like no other show.

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

Stupid REPEATS :M :evil:
                            Jason

Comment

• Brandon B
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jun 2001

Haven't watched, but I saw a description of it as Gilligan's Island meets X Files.

(And it's well worth it! Go rent it!)
                              [shameless plug for employer]Or download it from Apple for $2 per episode in glorious tiny-rez![/shameless plug for employer]

BB

Comment

• Brandon B
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jun 2001

Oh, and a fun website tie-in for you fans who may have missed it.

BB

Comment

• aud19
                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Brandon B
                                  Haven't watched, but I saw a description of it as Gilligan's Island meets X Files.
                                  You haven't watched it yet!!! :E Go! Rent! Now!
                                  Jason

Comment

• Brandon B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Jun 2001

This will probably sound funny, given I have 2 sat tuner DVRs, an FP system and a JVC DILA RPTV, and a big old surround setup, but I don't really watch TV. Beyond watching a little bit with my kid (scooby doo, croc hunter, etc. maybe 2 hours a week), I don't watch TV almost at all. Use the system for movies (DVD) and PS2.

My wife uses it, and had recorded BSG for me, but we erased those all to free up space and bought the DVD set. I usually find that I would almost rather do anything else than watch TV. In fact, when I actually watch a DVRed show, I often DON'T skip the commercials, just because I haven't seen any in so long and it's fun to see the humorous ones, or those people have talked about months before (it's usually 2-3 months after recording I get around to watching something).

It's odd, because 7 years ago or more, I used to watch a fair amount, maybe 8-10 hours a week. My kid is odd this way too (UNLIKE me at the same age), unless he is sick, you usually can't get him to sit and watch either. Left to his own devices, he would probably max out at 3-4 hours a week, plus maybe another 3-4 hours of Ratchet & Clank on the PS2. Good for us I guess.

So while I would probably watch the first episode and agree it was great, I'd probably wander off and do something else shortly and not get back to it for 6 months.

BB

Comment

• aud19
                                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2003

A new one on tonight! :banana:
                                      Jason

Comment

• Glen B
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Jul 2004

Okay, who saw last night's episode ? OMG, Shannon got shot, I can't believe it. I didn't see that one coming. In the previews when they said someone was leaving for good, I honestly thought it was going to be Sawyer.

Comment

• aud19
                                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Aug 2003

Maybe put spoiler tags on that post there Glen
                                          Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Dec 2000

Ah, and even still, the episode didn't seem to indicate whether the character is leaving for good or not. We were left hanging at the end of the episode, not knowing the status of the character.
                                            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                            - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2003

Stranded on an island with minimal medical supplies with the injury she sustained.... I'd say there's not much left to question. Then again it's Lost, so who the hell knows!!! :lol:
                                              Jason

Comment

• Stoney
                                                • Dec 2004

My wife noticed, just after the anouncement a couple of weeks ago that someone would die, that the actress playing Shannon was back mainland doing interviews and talk shows while Sawyer was still in Hawaii (getting robbed).
                                                Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
                                                Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
                                                B&W DM605 S2 Mains
                                                DM602 S2 Surrounds
                                                DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
                                                CC6 S2 Center.
                                                ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• aud19
                                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Aug 2003

OK somebody explain to me what happened with the "counter" last night! Was that a borderline warning "hieroglyphics" (looked like egyptian symbols of some sort to me) or did the counter actually bottom out and something's gonna happen next episode....?

Have I mentioned I LOVE this show?!?
                                                  Jason

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Aug 2000

OK somebody explain to me what happened with the "counter" last night! Was that a borderline warning "hieroglyphics" (looked like egyptian symbols of some sort to me) or did the counter actually bottom out and something's gonna happen next episode....?
                                                    That's the catch-22 we don't know, it went into the symbols (possibly another form of count down?) but reset. So it was a tease for what may happen if it's not reset.

Translations

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Chris D
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Dec 2000

Good pics, Thomas! what I interpreted the sequence to mean is that the countdown had expired, and it had initiated the process of whatever happens when the countdown is done. (launching a missile, maybe?) Notice that you heard a mechanical whine spooling up as the hyroglyphics started.

Putting in the final sequence aborted the launch sequence, and the whining spooled back down.

Thomas, what's the last picture that you posted there?
                                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Aug 2000

It's someone's translation of the hieroglyphs including their speculation about the missing one.

All this came from the forum below, I found while Googling to find info about Janson's question

BTW, I'm a fan of the show but not enough to record it and do a frame by frame analysis....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• aud19
                                                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Aug 2003

Cool stuff :T Thanks Thomas!

Not sure what "swd3" means though.... :scratchhead:
                                                          Jason

Comment

• EAmin
                                                            • Aug 2004

Add another fan to the Lost club. I'm hooked.

Comment

• aud19
                                                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Aug 2003

I hear tonight's is a repeat :evil:
                                                              Jason

Comment

• aud19
                                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Aug 2003

Wow what a finale!!!! 8O Full of cool stuff (though I think I'm more confused than ever now... :lol: ) I can not wait till fall... this has got to be the BEST DAMN SHOW ON TV!!! :banana:

You guys seen this new web page too?

Jason

Comment

• DelRay
                                                                  • Jun 2004

The 2 hour finale was awesome. Yes, one of the best shows.

Comment

• aud19
                                                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Aug 2003

Well the "mid-season opener" didn't dissapoint :T Anybody else catch it? I'm really wondering what the heck they're going to do with Jack?!?!

Anybody have any guesses on the "major character" that's going to be killed off? My guess is Hurley or Sawyer but with this show, who the hell knows!!!
                                                                    Jason

Comment

• aud19
                                                                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                      • Aug 2003

OK that was a crazy episode! :E Did he really travel through time or did he just "dream" it all lying in the jungle?!?! Is Chralie the one getting knocked off? So many more questions!
                                                                      Jason

Comment

• DelRay
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jun 2004

Yea, I thought Claire was going to be the one to go. But now it kinda looks like it's Charlie. Can't wait for next weeks show.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Dec 2000
                                                                          • 16877

Yes, according to that espisode, Charlie has a big black cloud over his head!
                                                                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                                                                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                            • Aug 2003
                                                                            • 16706

Knowing the writers on this show that could change just as quickly as it was revealed though :lol:
                                                                            Jason

Comment

• lambo_freak
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • May 2007
                                                                              • 17

#39
                                                                              I get to watch in HD for the first time tonight. I'm going out of sequence though. I am skipping about 5 or 6 episodes of season 3. hopefully I'm not to....LOST :rofl:

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                • Aug 2003
                                                                                • 16706

#40
                                                                                That's ok I've seen them all in order and I'm still LOST :lol:
                                                                                Jason

Comment

• lambo_freak
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • May 2007
                                                                                  • 17

#41
                                                                                  Season finale... EPIC!! They have my soul untill season four comes out.

Comment

• EAmin
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Aug 2004
                                                                                    • 282

#42
                                                                                    I agree. That was a good finale. Definitely wanting more!

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                      • Dec 2000
                                                                                      • 16877

#43
                                                                                      Yeah, pretty darn good! I NEVER expected the girl to walk out of the darkness to meet Jack by the airport to be a future Kate. I do wonder why Jack would say that they should have been rescued, though!

Okay, so they hooked me for ANOTHER season.
                                                                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Aug 2003
                                                                                        • 16706

#44
                                                                                        Yup, EXCELLENT! :banana:
                                                                                        Jason

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Aug 2003
                                                                                          • 16706

#45
                                                                                          Funny Video! :rofl:

ifilm.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!
                                                                                          Jason

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"