X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

News on Indiana Jones 4

Summer next year by the looks of things. Better be or Ford will be playing Indiana from a wheelchair.
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Along with most of the rest of the cast. Sean Connery, John Rhys-Davies, Karen Allen. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Tex... :rofl:
      My Homepage!

Comment

• pwman
        • Jun 2005

He is already 63 or will be in early July, thats too old already as far as I am concerned. Lucas waited to long for Harrison :cry: . Could a viable script be written around a geriatric Harrison ? :roll: . Raiders of The Lost Ark was 1981 and Ford was about 40 or so. Much of the Jones character was based on his fighting, running, jumping, being dragged or some other physical feat. Its almost a quarter of a century later and who really wants to see some old guy running around. It would be a parody of the character IMHO.

Comment

• hidefdvd
          • Jan 2005

Didn't Harrison make an a$$ of himself in Hollywood Homicide? If I remember people remarked he really showed his age in that one?

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I don't know about making an a$$ of himself, but he did show his age. But, that was called for by the role - to an extent.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

If the latest focuses on Indiana's age, it could be quite humorous. I'm willing to give it a chance regardless.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

I loved the original trilogy. I will most definetly catch this one.
                ~Nick

Comment

• Gordon Moore
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Feb 2002

Actually I thought the role call for Harrison required him to be out of shape AND looking his age. I read that this will be factored into the story. They won't be trying to fool anyone here. It will make an interesting twist but I almost wonder why bother? They have 3 solid movies (with the first being the best).
                  Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Gordon Moore
                    Actually I thought the role call for Harrison required him to be out of shape AND looking his age. I read that this will be factored into the story. They won't be trying to fool anyone here. It will make an interesting twist but I almost wonder why bother? They have 3 solid movies (with the first being the best).
                    I've been pondering the idea that they may also introduce the "son he never new"... I mean he did seem to enjoy the company of the ladies So it wouldn't be a big stretch.... and it would lend a bit more credibility to the galavanting that would have to be present to make a proper Indian Jones movie....

Just something to mull over....
                    Jason

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

THE SON ( or SONS ) OF INDIANA JONES will probably be sequel # 5 :lol:
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• pwman
                        • Jun 2005

I'm one of the biggest Indy fans out there. Thats why i really think its too late for a movie that would be "true" to the previous movies. Would Raiders of The Lost Ark have been half the movie it was with a wrinkly old gimp hobbling about. Some characters are ageless and imho Indy should be one of them. The story would have to take place in the 60's or early 70's to allow for Harrison to age. The only version I would buy is Harrison playing a DAD to someone who he could pass the Jones heritage on to just like Sean Connery passed his legacy to him. I hope aud19 is right.

Comment

• David Meek
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

They could just "CGI" him in like Master Yoda or Gollum.

I just don't see how they could make this true to the existing Indy films without it being a "passing the torch" or flash-back type of film. But that's why I'm not in Hollywood writing scripts. Here's hoping for something good. . . .

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"