X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Holmes on Homes

Any of my fellow Canucks enjoy this show? (I don't think you yanks get this one :nonod: )

Not only is it entertaining and informative but the guy deserves a medal for what he does for people and for the industry :T

Mike Holmes is a professional contractor, television host, public speaker, educator, influencer, writer, and one of North America’s most trusted contractors

Jason
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Never saw it but that guy has helped a LOT of people who have had problems with the renovation or remodeling of their homes. It would be nice to see someone do a show based on the same idea here in the states.

I grew up playing and working on my Dad's jobs remodeling homes and commercial place's througout the 70's and he never advertised, just kept extremely busy by "word of mouth".
    ......Pat

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah it's nice to see people who REALLY have pride in their work so much so that they get REALLY pissed off when other people just don't make the effort. If I win the lotto I'm gonna do my darndest to hire that man to build my home!
      Jason

Comment

• Kens1
        • Mar 2005

Best home show going! Unfortunatley I think I've seen all of them already and I am waiting for some new episodes.
        This show is very educational.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Sounds great... send it down to us continent southerners!
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Well I don't personally have any power in those sorts of decisions :lol: If you live near the border, you might be able to pick it up via Cdn satellite or maybe OTA (if you're near the original broadcaster?)
            Jason

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Watched a repeat of the "Moldy House" episode last night. That poor sick family was sure happy to live in a healthy house again :T The "trim-off' between Mike and Shawn was quite entertaining as well :lol:
              Jason

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

I do enjoy watching diy and home shows, not seen this guy of course being stateside.

I do like to watch This Old House, a spinoff show or two on PBS, and several shows on HGTV from time to time.

Doug
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Lex
                  I do enjoy watching diy and home shows, not seen this guy of course being stateside.

I do like to watch This Old House, a spinoff show or two on PBS, and several shows on HGTV from time to time.

Doug
                  I used to wacth This Old House but Holmes on Homes trounces all over it IMO :T Start calling your service providers to see if they can pick it up! :lol:
                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"