X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WilDD85
    • Sep 2007

Monitor Audio Speakers

Does anyone have any experience with Monitor Audio speakers? I just purchased a pair of BR-1's for cheap (floor model but never used supposedly) and I'm curious to hear if anyone else has any opinions on the BR-1's or any other Monitor Audio models. I'm in love with the BR-1's so far. They're one of the flattest speakers I've ever heard except for maybe Genelec, but those are considered studio monitors.
    The only problem I can see from the BR-1's is the very low power requirements (15-70W RMS) as my amplifier is 105W@8ohm, but that won't really even be an issue unless I run the BR-1's at very loud dB-SPL.
  • skuzzyb
    • Mar 2006

I had a pair of the Monitor Audio silver RS-1s for about six months. Very good speakers for the money. I think that in that price category they have no pair, actually I would say they could embarass speakers twice their price. They were a bit lacking on the bass but that is expected from stand mount speakers, the highs were clean and the mid range was exceptional, i never felt fatigued listening to the speakers. All in all, I think that monitor audio makes good speakers and as long as you stay with the BR-1s or the RS's they offer great value.

Comment

• gross30
      • Jun 2005

I now use my S9i's for my rears, but they were my fronts, and no complaints here. Replaced them with B&W 801. The Monitor sound was very detailed. I wasn't lacking bass with 2 DD 15's. Overall a very good speaker IMO.

Comment

• WilDD85
        • Sep 2007

Thanks guys for the opinions. Just what I figured. I'm sure I'll continue to love them! Detailed sound is what I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"