Arcam V Musical Fidelity: Who Do You Think Is Simply The Best?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasvanth
    • Jun 2006

Arcam V Musical Fidelity: Who Do You Think Is Simply The Best?

Hi

Has Anybody Auditioned Or Owns The Arcam Fmj Cd33 Or 36 Cd Player And Also The Arcam Fmj A32 Amps And What Do They Think Of It's Sound Quality?

Also How Does Arcam Compare Against Musical Fidelity When It Comes Down To Outright Sound Quality?

Do You Think Arcam Fmj Equipment Sounds Better With Some Particular Styles Of Music Compared To Musical Fidelity Or Is It Vice A Versa ?

Let me hear what you guys have to say.

Yas
    Last edited by Yasvanth; 21 March 2008, 09:13 Friday.
  • f77
    • Jan 2008

All MF amps > all Arcam amps, imo. Arcam cd players are good.

Don't really believe in certain brands being suitable for certain kinds of music, it either sounds good or it doesn't.

Comment

• arcam_boy
      • Jan 2008

Both excellent brands. I have owned the FMJ 32 Amp and currently own the MF A5 Integrated amp. The MF amps have immense power and control and slightly more forward sounding than the Arcam. The Arcam amps are quite laid back and very very easy to listen to over long periods although not quite as detailed as my A5.

Comment

• Yasvanth
        • Jun 2006

Hello,

I know what I'll choose, after owning both the Arcam Diva and now the MF A5cr amps it has to be the MF amps big powerful sound and in your face with a tight controlled sound. Awesome!

Do you think the MF A5 Integrated amp is suitable for listening to the latest R'n'B music eg Usher, Alicia Keys, etc?

Cheers

Comment

• lawoftrust
          • Feb 2008

@Yasvanth

If You like the sound of the A5 components (as I do) it will fit for all mentioned kinds of music and far beyond them (as already told, a good amp will suit for any kidnof music).

The A5 Amps do very well with the A5 CDP, the synergies are tremendous

Comment

• Yasvanth
            • Jun 2006

Hello

I am already using an Arcam CD72T CD player with my MF A5cr Pre & Pwr and I know that the cd player is out of it's league when used with the A5 amps. So I need a couple of recommendations for a cd upgrade. The CD player has to have fantastic speed, detail and slam for my Dance and R'n'B music as long as you don't recommend the MF A3.5 or A5 cd player which I do not like the look of than that's Ok?

So I am open to suggestions!

Thanks
            Yas

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"