X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Club Yamaha?

Hello All,

Any Yamaha people out there? I love my Yamaha RX V3000 receiver. It's running B&W P6's, CDM center & DM 602's surrounds. Every now & again, I think about upgrading to seperates. But we love our RX V3000.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

My RX-V2095 used to be my main theater receiver. When I upgraded to separates, it was a big step up. But I still use the Yamaha in my bedroom setup, and it works great. No need to upgrade that one for a long time.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• gross30
      • Jun 2005

Have been using the RX-Z9 for a couple years now. The unit is slowly getting phased out. I don't use it for mains, or surround amplification anymore as I went to seperates. It does run my exterior speakers on the patio, and I still use it for switching etc. I don't even use the video on it anymore as all my video feeds go through a DVDO V-30, then to the display. It is still a great unit, and will probably use it in some application for years to come, but eventually, I will be changing it out for a KRELL/CLASSE ht setup to match my other amps etc.

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

I have been using my Rxv 595 for a good number of years, since 99. I've been very happy with the performance and as much as I've wanted to upgrade, I've never pulled the trigger.

I will probably keep this unit as it runs great.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• june
          • Feb 2005

Paul Wu,

I found a 595 on craigslist.com for $80.00 for a friend. That plus Energy speaker WOWed me. His system rocks!!!!
          June
          "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

I'm still using a Yamaha DSP-A3090 Integrated Amp (no tuner built in, although they offered, and I bought, a tuner that had look-alike cosmetics and shared the same remote). Its only "major" drawback was the lack of DTS support. However, Dolby Digital through it sounds great. I prefer using it as my "Zone 2" controller (in other words, serving a the centerpiece for a system in another room) rather than trying to keep track of what is going where in multiple "zones" via the main HT's processor.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"