X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sikoniko
    I read that the CDP will be announced for sale at CES.
    I'll be on the look out for this, maybe take a snapshot or two. Only six more days.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• dd24skater
      • Jan 2007

I just bought a Bryston 3B. Where can I get some more information?

Comment

• Hallett
        • Jun 2006

Any info on the cdp yet.
        Classe ssp-600
        Classe CA-M400 Monoblocks
        Classe CDP-100
        B&W 802D :T ;x(
        Velodyne DD-18 :T

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Expect to see this player in early February.
          Attached Files
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
            • Jun 2006

I am running Bryston 7B ST's with B&W N801's. The Bryston's have 2 settings, series or parallel.

The Series mode has a higher voltage swing and is (per the manual) appropriate for loads between 3 and 8 ohms.

The Parallel mode has more current available and is for loads of 1 to 3 ohms.

From whay I have read, the B&W N801's dip to about 3 ohms, so it seems that I should be running Series.

What have others here experianced?

Thanks.

Comment

• caleb
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by RebelMan
              Expect to see this player in early February.

I hope it's available in black as well?

Comment

• alpina
                • Nov 2005

re cdp ...

looks ok in the looks department.

now lets hope it sounds good in the value for money comparisons

kind of over the wait now - when it happens it happens

julie
                My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                  • Sep 2001

Even though I was still basically satisfied with the performance of my existing pre/pro, after reading so much about the Bryston SP2, I had to try it at home just to see if the hype was even close to accurate.

It was. And more so. Its performance on two channel music is basically the "holy grail" -- high end pre-amp separates performance in an HT control unit. The surround processing is first rate as well, and I don't miss video switching since I had done that at the display anyway even when using pre/pros or receivers with "broadcast quality" video switching circuits. So now an SP2 is the heart of my main system, with my previous pre/pro moved to a system in another room.

In addition to stepping up to a Bryston SP2, over the past three months I've also had the pleasure of trying out some of their power amps in my home system.

First, the Bryston 9B, teamed up with the SP2, is as smooth, refined and detailed as the paid reviewers have claimed. I certainly understand why Stereophile gave both components their "A" rating. Unfortunately, with the somewhat inefficient planar speakers (Magnepan) I have in my system, it was only "wonderful" at fairly low volumes -- it simply ran out of juice when pushed. Didn't clip or shut down but didn't have the headroom I'd like. (The 9B would be superb with higher efficiency speakers such as Def Techs.)

Next up was the Bryston 4B, which certainly has more power, but also the same finesse as the 9B. That amp really made my speakers sing. In several weeks of listening with the 4B, (a couple weeks at a time separated by the trial of the 9B), I was very pleased at the unstrained way the speakers threw their vaunted sound field, with exquisite detail and nice dynamics.

However, before I placed my order for an amp, I was curious about whether another notch up the ladder would yield even more of the same benefits, or whether I had reached the crossover point on the curve of diminishing returns. I've found out that the owner of Magnepan Incorporated uses the Bryston 7B in his own home with the same model of speaker I have. Likewise, an officer of Bryston with whom I corresponded about their product line said that he prefers their 7B with his speakers (same model as mine) at home as well. These guys could have anything they wanted to use at home, and I know they have tried a lot of different combinations, so in effect, they did the research for me. But I still had to confirm the results with my own ears. :>)

So now as I write this I'm enjoying my music with the incredible 7B (actually two, of course, for stereo). They drive my speakers with aplomb, no hint of strain, incredible detail, absolutely dead quiet noise floor. I've had to keep the SPL meter handy to keep from playing too loud, since the combo of 7B and the planar speakers show no sign of distortion even at rather high volumes, say 85 db on average (and that's with chamber music). :>) I've been used to listening to much lower levels, and that's probably why I can still hear the much improved micro dynamics and shadings that the 7B brings out in the big panel speakers. No need to "play loud" -- but they sure can, when asked to do so! (Movie sound tracks, for example.)

Happy camper here – now in the Bryston camp. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                    • Sep 2001

Information on the new Bryston CD player is now available on their web site. Company representatives tell me that the CD players are seriously back ordered with an expected wait of several months, since the first several months production is already spoken for. I'm looking forward to my local dealer getting one in later in the year so I can hear for myself whether it is as good in its category as their other products are in theirs.

Burke

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                      • Sep 2001

I just bought a Bryston 3B. Where can I get some more information?
                      The Bryston web site has a section loaded with technical details and operating information for their current and recent products (tab labeled "Technical"). Also, if you have specific technical questions, or in the unlikely event you need help with repairs, unlike some other companies that sell HT gear, Bryston responds to their customers or prospective customers fairly quickly with helpful information. You can drop a line to their sales or service email addresses listed under "Contacts". Their VP of Sales, James Tanner, is very responsive with answers and information.

Of course, for other questions such as (but not limited to) general "how to", discussion of why this model versus others people have considered, and impressions of how the gear works in relation to other components, keep asking questions here!

Burke
                      Last edited by Burke Strickland; 17 June 2007, 14:51 Sunday.

Comment

• brishea
                        • Jun 2007

can you plug 2 7Bsst and 1 6Bsst into a single 15 amp circuit or do they have to have separate circuits? On the manual it stated that 7bsst's uses about 1200 watts and the 6bsst about 2100 watts both at 8 ohms. How does this work? I'm not sure if this are the wattage the amps use even on low volumes? Somebody please explain. I only have a 15 amp circuit for my set-up. Tell me if I need to put another circuit dedicated only to the amp. Thanks.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                          • Sep 2001

The 7B SST consumes 215 watts at idle and 1284 watts at 600 watts output @ 8 ohms and 1980 watts at 900 watts output at 4 ohms (the difference between consumed watts and watts output being generated as heat, thus the humongous heat sink fin arrays). The 6B SST consumes 225 watts at idle and 2100 watts for 3 channels @ 300W @ 8 ohms and 3450 watts for 3 channels @ 500W @ 4 ohms. Output at less than "full throttle" would be somewhere between the idle power consumption and the maximum.

So there's no problem plugging in the three amps to one circuit. However, there is no way that you would be able to play all three at sustained MAXIMUM output running off the same circuit. But unless you are attempting to duplicate techno club sound levels at home, it is unlikely that you will even come close to maxing them out very often. At worst, the load would trip the breaker. In the meantime, you'd be hearing one heck of a show (as well as contributing significantly to your power company's bottom line). ;>)

Comment

• Armbender
                            • Jul 2005

OK...several months ago I purchased my 1st peice of Bryston equipment...4BSST then bought a powerpac 300SST.... which I absolutely love///then i dont know how but convinced my wife to name our first born son Bryston Sarty... Well...I contacted Bryston to see if they have any apparal such as a baby sleeper or shirt with bryston on it to purchase,,,,they said they are out of stock....and wont be in stock for a long time....

Does anyone know where or if local stores have things like that for sale...i think it would be awesome if i could get a little shirt for him to wear...

Cheers
                            Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                              • Sep 2001

Will -

If you have such a thing in your area, you might have to go to one of those "we print anything on a T-shirt" places. Your son will be the Sartorial envy of the toddler set. Meanwhile, it obviously isn't the powerpac that is the Bryston fan... it's you. :>) Actually, "Bryston" is a nice sounding name.

Burke

Comment

• Armbender
                                • Jul 2005

Thanks....my wife actually really loved...and becuase she doesnt know anyone else with that name....

maybe ill just check out the screen printing....you would think that brston would be willing to have one done since they give them out for free to most of the HT dealers that sell there equipment..

Cheers
                                Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• alpina
                                  • Nov 2005

hi guys,

can i please have some tech support?

finally got renovation done and audio gear out of boxes and need some help in how best to connect remote power switching to sp2, 4b sst and 6b sst?

read the instruction but still confused.

please, if anyone has the time can you please provide me with some foolproof instructions?

thanks in advance.

julie
                                  My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                                    • Sep 2001

Julie -

Are you still looking for help on setting up the 12 volt triggers for your Bryston gear? If so, are you interested in starting up only your 4B for CD and then add the 6B for DVD, or do you want both to sequence on regardless of the source selected to be played?

Comment

• alpina
                                      • Nov 2005

hi burke,

trying to get sp2 to switch on 4b and 6b.

sp2 along with other components connect to a belkin pf60.

2 amp connect directly to isolated 20amp power points.

will run everything off a universal remote but understandably amps and pf60 are not remote.

regards,

ben

Comment

• alpina
                                        • Nov 2005

Setting up Bryston SP2 with B&W speakers

Forgive the double post in B&W Club.

So excited - home renovation is near completed and AV gear is now out and wired up.

We have a SP2, 6BSST, 4BSST coupled with B&W speakers - 804s, HTM3S, 705s, ASW750.

Would love some advise on how best to set the SP2 for this setup in respect to speaker settings - eg, size, crossovers, etc.

Please please please help

Cheers,

Julie

Comment

• Tim92gts
                                          • Dec 2007

[QUOTE=DM3000 Owner]I am running Bryston 7B ST's with B&W N801's. The Bryston's have 2 settings, series or parallel.

The Series mode has a higher voltage swing and is (per the manual) appropriate for loads between 3 and 8 ohms.

From whay I have read, the B&W N801's dip to about 3 ohms, so it seems that I should be running Series.

What have others here experianced

Hi,
                                          that is how i interpreted the manual.
                                          Any initial impressioms on your setup?
                                          i'm thinking of the same but haven't had a chance to audition
                                          Cheers
                                          Tim

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                                            • Jun 2006

[QUOTE=Tim92gts]
                                            Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
                                            I am running Bryston 7B ST's with B&W N801's. The Bryston's have 2 settings, series or parallel.

What have others here experianced

Hi,
                                            that is how i interpreted the manual.
                                            Any initial impressioms on your setup?
                                            i'm thinking of the same but haven't had a chance to audition
                                            Cheers
                                            Tim
                                            Do you already have the Brystons? I am pretty happy with them. They never run out of steam and always seem to run relatively cool. Good match with the big B&W's.

Comment

• lvhung
                                              • Jun 2005

After tiring of Rotel processor problems
                                              I found one Bryston Sp-1 and one SP-1.7 on Audiogon at nealy half the price
                                              Should I go for it ?

sgould I go for it

Comment

• Tim92gts
                                                • Dec 2007

Do you already have the Brystons? I am pretty happy with them. They never run out of steam and always seem to run relatively cool. Good match with the big B&W's.

Hi,
                                                not yet, architect is about to arrive to measure up for the room.
                                                I thought the Brystons looked spot on for the 801s as in reviews they seem to have plenty of reserve over spec.
                                                I've got a year to audition but have read all the manuals on line!
                                                Main competition at the mo is PMC BB5s.
                                                Thanks for the feedback
                                                Tim

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                                                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Tim92gts

Hi,
                                                  not yet, architect is about to arrive to measure up for the room.
                                                  I thought the Brystons looked spot on for the 801s as in reviews they seem to have plenty of reserve over spec.
                                                  I've got a year to audition but have read all the manuals on line!
                                                  Main competition at the mo is PMC BB5s.
                                                  Thanks for the feedback
                                                  Tim
                                                  I keep hearing that Classe is a great combo with B&W's on the B&W forum. I already have the Brystons and am very satisfied.

Here is a good thread comparign the Classe amps to the Brystons:

Brystons are more accurate, Classe is smoother in the midrange.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                                                    • Sep 2001

Bryston BCD-1 CD Player?

Has anyone had a chance to listen at length to the (fairly) new Bryston BCD-1 Redbook CD player? It has gotten some great reviews, but as we all know, that doesn't always equate to a great listening experience in "the real world"... I'll be interested in what others have encountered with it in their own systems (or even at you local dealer).

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                      • Jul 2008

How would the Bryston 4B SST 300 Watt Stereo Power Amplifier compare with a Musical fidelity A5cr Power Amplifier, I know the bryston is more expensive anyone compared the two.
                                                      2ch Setup
                                                      Krix Neupohonix
                                                      Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                      Musical Fidelity M6CDP
                                                      Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
                                                      MIT

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                        • Dec 2008

Well I never knew we had a Club Bryston.Great.
                                                        A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                          • Dec 2008

Will seeing how this is Club Bryston.I have 5 of the 7B SST Squared amps at my dealers place as we speak.Along with the Bryston BCD-1 cd player.Has to how it sounds can't can't say as i've yet to hear it.
                                                          The same applies to My B&W speakers,which is also at my dealers till I move.
                                                          Not sure If I will be keeping it all because of my unexpected move.I will be in a small place for the next year maybe longer.If I do have to sell some of the gear, I would imagine it would be the next thing to ordering from the factory itself.
                                                          Time will tell just how it all pans out.

Comment

• jamesdaman
                                                            • Apr 2008

How would the bryston 4b sst compaire to the classe 2200?

Comment

• dspgolf
                                                              • May 2010

Going to be the proud dad of a 4bsst2 & BP26P pre-amp

Very excited to be picking up some new Bryston this week! I've had my old Bryston about 14 years and looking forward to hearing how this new equipment should sound. I own a 4b ST and BP 20 pre-amp and love it just thought it was time to upgrade!

Keep yawl posted on how it sounds when i get it hooked up later this week,

D :T

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                                                • Dec 2008

Will be looking forward to it.

Comment

• dspgolf
                                                                  • May 2010

does anyone post here anymore?

Just curious? Any Bryston owners?

Comment

• wettou
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

800 Diamond and Bryston?

Has any one experienced the 800Diamond and Bryston amps :?:
                                                                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dspgolf
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • May 2010

803D with 4B SST2 amp and bp 26 Pre

I'm using a 4b SST sq with 803D speakers not the newest version but the previous iteration and I must say the combination sounds awfully good to these ears. Plenty of power as well as finesse and I'd highly recommend auditioning Bryston with any B&W speaker as I think it makes a great synergy!!! The reviews on this amp speak for themselves. These amps have been totally redesigned and sound nothing like what Bryston used to sound like.

Dave :T

Comment

• mucke
                                                                        • Jul 2005

Bryston 4b sst with b&w 801 serie 80

I am litle dissipointed whith the dynamics on this amp.
                                                                        I also have an old rotel rhb 05 michi amp ( only 2x100 wpc ) but the dynamics and the bass response is far better on rotel.
                                                                        I am confuse.

Comment

• grit
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jan 2005

I can't speak for the amps but I have a Bryston BDA-1 external DAC and I LOVE it! That DAC makes every source sound better! As a result, I'd LOVE to audition an amp one day. I'm upgrading my speakers to 804 diamonds and my little Rotel 1560 receiver's built in class D 100 watt amp is gonna get tired.

My major concern (aside from sound) is that the Bryston 9B SST2 only sports 140 watts/ch, correct?

Comment

• DelRay
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jun 2004
                                                                            • 369

Got a question for you guys. How do you know when the warranty has ended on the 4B-ST. My date code is 0049. Thanks

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                                                                              Moderator
                                                                              • Sep 2001
                                                                              • 3161

#83
                                                                              For analog components, the Bryston warranty extends 20 years from the date your bill of sale from an authorized dealer says you bought it. http://bryston.com/warranty.html If you bought it "pre-owned" from someone else and they gave you a copy of their original bill of sale with the dealer name and serial number of your unit on it, then the warranty extends 20 years from the date on that document.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Oct 2010
                                                                                • 474

#84
                                                                                I never knew this thread existed here. Count me in as an owner. I have a 4B-SST (non C Series), a 4B-SST C Series (non squared) and a 6B-SST C Series (also non squared).

Rod
                                                                                B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• tyreman
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Dec 2009
                                                                                  • 29

#85
                                                                                  I have 3 3B ST's

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                    • Jan 2006
                                                                                    • 5673

#86
                                                                                    I feel the Bryston is a great match for B&W speakers.
                                                                                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                                                                                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• SoundEngine355
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2008
                                                                                      • 313

#87
                                                                                      I'm thinking of switching to the bp26 and 7bsst2 combo, trying to organise a home demo from my dealer.
                                                                                      SoundEngine355

-------------------
                                                                                      [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

Working...
                                                                                      😀
                                                                                      😂
                                                                                      🥰
                                                                                      😘
                                                                                      🤢
                                                                                      😎
                                                                                      😞
                                                                                      😡
                                                                                      👍
                                                                                      👎
                                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                      Search Result for "|||"