X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

2 subs better than 1

My friend is going to be purchasing an SVS sub for sure.. He wants to know how 1 PB12-Ultra-2 would compare to 2 PB12-Ultras. His room is 18X30 and hes is kind of a bass junky. I have not heard either one of these so can give no input..
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

I would get 2 Ultras or the Ultra/2 but I haven't heard either one. I was researching this same purchase becaus I have always liked 2 subs over 1... I ended up going the DIY route with 2 15"s.
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Armbender
      • Jul 2005

I really enjoyed reading your posts about your subs. Excellent job. I dont mind going the DIY route but my friend is kind of sceptical and would rather go with a good company.
      Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Armbender
        He wants to know how 1 PB12-Ultra-2 would compare to 2 PB12-Ultras

Well, placed next to each othr the two PB12-Ultras will sound near as damit identical to the single PB12-Ultra-2 - they would just cost more... The situation where you would get an advantage is if you were getting room effects causing bass cabcellation. Sometimes being able to place the two subs at different parts of the room will help get a more even spread of bass (mind you other times the two will cancel each other out and make the problem worse!!!)...

Both will make him very happy - they are amaizing subs...

My money would be on the single PB12-Ultra-2 as as $2,199 in wood finish it is cheaper than two PB12-Ultra's at $1,299 each ($2,598 ). You can get it for $1,999 in balck - an even bigger bargain...

For more information get your friend to Email techsupport@svsubwoofers.com you will find either one of the owners or the lead designer will answer him truthfully and fairly - they don't try and oversell their subs - often recommending a smaller model if the room size / volume doesn't require a big one...

Geoff

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

SteveNN (a frequent poster at several forums) has already done the comparison and went with 2 pb12 ultras over the single box. With the 2 ultras he was getting MORE output. This seems logical because you go from 4 ports to 6. The negative of course is they take up more floor space.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"