X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Henk
    • Jun 2003

No headphone jack on Rotel?

Rotel processors and amps do not have a headphone jack. How does one solve the problem if you wish to listen through headphones?
  • DJLackey5
    • Dec 2002

I use ACOUSTIC RESEARCH AW791 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones that connect to my 1066 processor via digital coax (or optical) cable. For movies, the simulated surround sound is actually very cool. For music, you can switch that feature off. I bought mine here:
    http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Merchant_Id=1& Section_Id=959&Product_Id=3022410

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

You could buy a headphone amp which would give you much better sound anyway and be better able to drive quality headphones then the op amps in most AV gear.

Comment

• Henk
        • Jun 2003

Thanks for the inputs! I'll take your advice Andrew.

Comment

• suyver
          • Dec 2002

Hi!
          I use a Musical Fidelity X-CANvs headphone amplifier (in combination with a BeyerDynamic))) DT-831 headphone) which I connected to the Rotel via zone-2. This way can set the headphone volume separate of the master volume. I really like the resulting sound quality. Recommended!

Cheers,
          Freek Suyver.

Check out my home theater!
          Check out my home theater!

Comment

• Henk
            • Jun 2003

Just spoke to my dealer. He suggests going the wireless route, using a Sennheiser RS65 which produces a surround sound effect. Apparently it comes with a transmitter which one connects to the tape out jacks on the Rotel processor. Sounds interesting, Although I have never used a wireless headphone before.

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

Henk,

Just make sure you try out the wireless headphones first. I've had some bad experiences with both sound qualities and reliability aspects of wireless headphones. But, this was with very inexpensive headphones, so I'm not an authority here. Still, you might want to give them a good listen at the dealer and make sure there's a good warranty and return policy. Also, this was a few years back and I'm sure the technology has advanced.

I sure hope you post back on how you like them. I might even end up getting a pair myself, so let us know. I've always hated unneccesary cords.

Keith
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"