X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xixel
    • Dec 2005

RC-1090 Headphone jack

Ok, so I bought a used pre\power amp, everythings been working great - LOVE the rotel gear, I use my headphones often, without a headphone amp handy I've just been plugging it into my preamp (RC-1090)

I'm using Beyerdynamic DT-250's (80ohm version)

For weeks it was fine, then I turned the preamp on and I'm getting only 1 channel, double checked the cord, in another source, and a completly differnt set of headphones, still only left channel

The preamp is supposed to be around a year old, I may be able to get the receipt to get this repaired, or if anyone knows an easy way to fix this I am capible of small electronic type jobs.

I took the preamp apart and got the module out a bit to get a good look, the jack is well enclosed in plastic, I took some shots with my macro lense and cranked the sharpness\brightness so you can see

(warning high res, about 4MB each)

• xixel
    • Dec 2005

So everyone in here just buys them? no one ever open it up?! hehe :roll:

Comment

• Marlboroman
      • Aug 2005

I would not think that the jack itself is bad. Did you check all of the connectors inside the unit to make sure that they are secure? Are both channels present from the preouts of the unit?

Comment

• xixel
        • Dec 2005

yup, all looks good - speakers are dancin around fine as I type

Comment

• xixel
          • Dec 2005

(Bump) ya.. no? ya.... no, really.. no

Comment

• Marlboroman
            • Aug 2005

Try and reset the RC-1090 by pressing and holding the Listening PHONO and Recording OFF front panel buttons simultaneously while the unit is powered on. Hold the buttons in for a few seconds, maybe count of 5, and then release and see if it fixes it.

Comment

• xixel
              • Dec 2005

nope

Comment

• wkhanna
                Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

I am just an audiophile novice, but have done a fair amount of troubleshooting old cars and motos; have you tried your headphones on another system to determine it they working properly (it seems highly unlikely that both sets of phones would have the same channel missing, but stranger things have happened)? If so, could you get an inexpensive headphone jack at an electronics shop, plug it into your pre, and try measuring the output voltage to each channel?
                _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• xixel
                  • Dec 2005

Ya - headphones work fine on other sources, I havnt been too worried I'm getting a headphone amp soon but ya I will trouble shoot it more, good idea on the jack thing I'll fiddle around

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"