X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

RR-1050 Problem

I have programmed all my information into the remote, but I screwed up a couple buttons that I didn't want to change. The remote control instruction booklet says that if you press the "clear" button with a ballpoint pen and then the command button you want to clear the learned function from, it will return to the original factory code. I have tried this and instead of returning to the original code, it just says "empty" on the LCD screen. Am I doing something wrong?

AJ

P.S. - I'd rather not reset the whole remote since it took a while to program everything in.
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

I guess out of all the Rotel owners out there, no one knows the answer to my question so I emailed Rotel for assistance.

For anyone who wants to know, tech support said that if you clear buttons, you then have to do a preload. It will only preload the factory functions for the "empty" buttons and leave all your other learned commands in tact. I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

AJ
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

That is a correct statement. However, the preload button will cause the remote to completely erase the AUD and the V1 buttons and then reload those. It seems to then look at any other button on the remote that was preprogrammed with a factory code and if any of those buttons are empty then it will reload the command. If you have changed the AUD or V1 buttons though you will lose that information.

G.

:grab:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"