X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunggipark
    • Sep 2004

Is Rotel introducing 7 channel amps?

I've read on another forum post that Rotel is going to introduce a couple of 7 channel amps to replace the current 5 channel amps.

Anyone have any info/details and the expected date of introduction?
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

No information but IMO, they should be looking at 3 channel amps. Not many out there and they could make a nice niche for themselves at a reasonable price entry point.
    Adz

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

I agree....IMO 5 channel amps at anything more than 120 is a little bit of a overkill, unless you have 5 floorstanders and most of us don't have that kinda room to fit another floorstander behind the couch. In HT, they should just make a kick butt 3 channel amps 200-300 wpc for the frontstage. About that 7 channel amp, I also heard rumors that it's gonna be a digital amp.

Comment

• hired goon
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Adz
        ... IMO, they should be looking at 3 channel amps. Not many out there and they could make a nice niche for themselves at a reasonable price entry point.
        Rotel did have the RB-993 3x200w amp. Dunno when it stopped production. I guess a 3-channel amp would eat into sales of the 1095.

-- Geoff

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Suggipark,

Rotel have been quietly demoing a 7 channel 100W digital amplifier to distributors etc... This is low (something like 3 inches high) made possible by the efficiency of the digital amplifiers... It is said to sound very special - it is also expected to be priced well above the RMB-1075.

I don't know a release date - but I would be surprised if it was later than the CES in February 2005 (or whenever it is!)

Here is a LINK to a Club Rotel thread with some more information.

There are rumours of a 7 channel 200W amplifier as well but no-one claims to have seen them that I know!

These amps are intended to run in parallel to the existing non-digital range... For example the model number rumoured for the new amp is RMB-1077, with RMB-1097 for the (unseen) larger model...

Over time (years perhaps) digital could well supplant pure analogue amps...

Geoff

Comment

• pdr711
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by hired goon
            Rotel did have the RB-993 3x200w amp. Dunno when it stopped production. I guess a 3-channel amp would eat into sales of the 1095.

-- Geoff
            How good was this amp? I have seen them on ebay from time to time. Going for around $400-500.

Dan

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

How about a nice 6 channel amp for those who want to bi-amp your L/R/C.

ht_addict

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

can somebody enlighten me on the benifits of digital amps? I've seen it before somewhere, it has something to do with digital amps not having to phase shift or something like that.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

BlazeMaster there's a thread in the Chalet addressing that very question. Do a seach as was a couple of weeks ago (I started it)

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2003

Blazemaster,

Here is a THREAD BY BING FUNG on the topic.

And here is the THREAD BY ANDREW PRATT on the topic.

Geoff

Comment

• lvhung
                      • Jun 2005

You are right Rotel never produce 999 :M

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"