X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Menasce
    • Apr 2004

Back from the Dead...

Hi all,

I've been away from the forums and neglecting HT upgrades all summer due to losing my job and the nightmare of finding a new one and getting back on my feet. That said I've been working again for three months now and my wife has let me come back to the hobby

Now to the good stuff... Near the end of the nightmare I came into some serious $$$ and last month I was able to purchase the RSP-1068 that I've been salivating over since it came out. You my think I'm nuts, but I got it in black to match the rest of my system. Silver and other colors come in and out of style too regularly, and I just happen to like black components (less distracting visually IMHO).

Performance-wise I'm blown away!!! The improvement over my old Pioneer VSX-D180s is unreal. I found myself flinching and trying to duck and cover during the opening of Saving Private Ryan. Now I'm driving the wife nuts by re-renting/re-watching all my favorites (U-571, the Star Wars prequels, Blackhawk Down, etc. etc.).

I won't clutter up the forum with unnecessary superlatives and I'll leave you with my list of gear. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Damn! It's good to be back!

Pre: RSP-1068
    Amps: RMB-1075, AMC 2N100-5
    L/R mains: Paradigm Monitor 7s bi-amped using 4 of the 1075's channels
    Centre: Paradigm CC-170 on the remaining channel of the 1075
    Surrounds: Paradigm ADP-170s powerd by the AMC
    Rear surround (6.1): Paradigm Cinema CC powerd by the AMC
    Subwoofer: Paragigm PDR-10
    Zone 2 speakers (kitchen and elsewhere) are also run from the AMC

Moderators: I'm not sure if this post belongs here or in one of the other forums. Feel free to relocate if it's appropriate.
    Last edited by Menasce; 11 October 2004, 23:43 Monday.
    best regards...
    Peter
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Peter,

It's good to have you back. I love hearing succcess stories about people like you who get knocked down by life and get right back up and start fighting. Great looking system.
    Congratulations!
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Menasce
      • Apr 2004

Jerry,

Thanks for the kind words... I was glad to see that you finally got squared away with your new 1098. Congrats right back to you :T
      best regards...
      Peter

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"