X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ApogeeUser
    • Oct 2004

new 1056 owner

Hi,

I just wanted to register and tell of the great experience I've had so far with the 1056. It's almost a week old now. I'm using it for HT to feed my CLASSE amp which drives Apogee Duetta Signature as front L/R. The 1056 is used to drive Apogee center as well as Bohlender in-walls which I'm installing myself.

Last night I hooked up my venerable Elite DV05 using a newly bought Kimber coax to the 1056. I wasn't expecting much but what a huge difference between the Elite's DAC's and the 1056's DSP's. I'll keep it short by saying there was more low level detail. I'll try out my Sony ES CD player tonight.

So far so good. I'll report on more experiences once everything is set up.

Cheers,

kt
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

AppogeeUser,

Welcome...

Glad to hear that the RSX-1056 worked so well for you. You are using it to drive some great amps and gear...

The Crystal 400 processor and DACs in it are amazing aren't they - they blow away 99% of older technology DACS (say 2002 or earlier) and are right up there with anything currently available for remotely close to the price... :T

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Congratulations, and welcome to Club Rotel.

I agree with Geoff, that's some nice equipment. Glad to hear that it matches well with the 1056.

Keep up posted,

Azeke

Comment

• ApogeeUser
        • Oct 2004

Thanks for the welcome Geoff and Azeke. Great forum you guys got here.

Still looking good though I have some issues. First the good, I have been re-listening to most of my cd's and have in a way rediscovered them. In the stereo+bypass mode (analog in) there wasn't any difference. Just the slightest hint of degradation from going through extra wires and volume control. Through the coax however the difference was not subtle. A deeper and better defined bottom end. Space around voices and instruments opened up.

Found some annoying things though. There's some hiss. Yes it's there but not to a great degree. You start to hear it about a foot away which to me is surprising coming from solid state gear. My Classe is totally silent. Sitting 15 feet away I don't hear it but it bothers me knowing it's there.

Small gripe about adjusting balance. It's extremely awkward to have to go to the menu and then to the test tones to adjust levels! What makes it worst is if you try to adjust FR/FL balance you have to turn on your monitor to see what you're doing. The display on the unit won't show you.

Had a power failure and the unit would not turn back on until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Weird.

Quirkiness aside I'm still quite happy with it.

I've finished installing my rear in-walls. This week I'll be trying out the surround sound.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"