X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InfoTech
    • May 2003

How do you hook up a Sub to the 1055?

Hi everyone.

Forgive me as my question might sound so novice, but I am just starting to get into the HT arena. I really like the reviews and what people have be saying regarding the 1055 receiver. So I plan on buying the receiver and not sure about which amplifier to get provided the subwoofer I have. I have 1 left, 1 right, 1 center, 4 surrounds speakers and was given an unpowered subwoofer (also has no crossovers). So I guess I have a 7.1 setup. Because my subwoofer is unpowered, which multichannel amp should I consider buying with 1055? My HT room is 25 x 15 and I do 70/30 Movies/Music. And how would I set this up?

Thanks,

InfoTech
    InfoTech
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

InfoTech:

You may not need to purchase a multi-channel amp, but should consider purchasing a 2-channel stereo amp to get the 7.1 setup plus an additional amp for your subwoofer. If you're going with the 1055, you can pick up the RB-1060 2-channel amp which closely matches the internal amps of the 1055 to run the rear surrounds, or maybe pick-up something with a bit more power like the RB-1070 and use it to power your front mains with the redirect feature of the 1055 powering your surround backs.
    As for your subwoofer, you should be able to use a mono amp and one of the sub-out ports of the 1055 and use the internal x-over of the 1055 to do the low pass filtering. However, this will only be useful for digital signals as the anolog singles send a full range signal don't get processed by the 1055 (meaning no subwoofer when listening to CD's if you're using the analog connectors). The alternative, would be to modify your subwoofer with a plate amp from a company like Parts Express (see link here.)

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
    "Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"