X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IntegrateMe
    • May 2004

CEDIA Update

Rotel had most of its popular products on display (with the noteable exception of the RMB-1095) and 1 new product.

It was a 5 or 7 (I was in a hurry) channel digital amp at 100 watts per channel. Pricing was not on the placard like the other items, and I was already late for a meeting, but I just wanted to let everyone know what was out there.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

And it apparently sounds VERY VERY good It won't be available as soon as they wanted it to be but the wait shouldn't be much longer now.

Comment

• jlee
      • Aug 2004

They are probably going to come out with 2 new multichannel amps then, a 100W and a 200W... by the way, what exactly is a "digital amp" vs. a normal amp?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Jlee that's a good question for the HT area of the forum

Comment

• tmueller
          • Sep 2004

Fellas-Tell me more!!!!

I am very curious now; what's this, a new multi-channel amp coming out? Anyone have some more info?

TIA,

Tyler

Comment

• kiki
            • Sep 2004

I wanted to know aswell, of what new multi-channel amp is coming out?, because I'm going to get very soon, or should I wait and see, the old stock will come down in prices aswell when new one is out. Tell us more, Thanks.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Let me see what Rotel will allow us to know now that the annoucement has been made at CEDIA. I will say that the people I've talked to that have heard them say they are very nice sounding amp's.

Comment

• Stevebez
                • Oct 2003

I cannot understand what is meant by "digital" amp. Maybe different class of amp - instead of their usual class a/b ?

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• chrispy35
                  • Feb 2004

Probably a PWM type amp. Check out the Yamaha MX-D1 (I think that's the model).

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

I started a thread in the Chalet to address just what are digital amps etc.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

FYI the new digital amp from Rotel will be 7 * 100 watts, is only 6cm high and will be available in the first quarter of next year :yesnod:

Comment

• aarsoe
                        • May 2004

Andrew

Cool - I hope that they will be clever enough to put a digital input on the power amp! That would really make life a lot easier..

Only downside I can see is that it is a 7 channel amp - that means 80-120 miles of speaker cables laying around - and in the size I use, there will be no space for me in the room!!! :B

Comment

• mattburk
                          • Feb 2003

any links?

Originally posted by IntegrateMe
                          Rotel had most of its popular products on display (with the noteable exception of the RMB-1095) and 1 new product.

It was a 5 or 7 (I was in a hurry) channel digital amp at 100 watts per channel. Pricing was not on the placard like the other items, and I was already late for a meeting, but I just wanted to let everyone know what was out there.
                          www.mycstone.com
                          www.coverednow.com
                          www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Stevebez
                            • Oct 2003

You may have noticed that Velodyne subs have massive power - reason is they are all class D driven. Seems this is probably the best class amp to drive subs as the switching is all filtered out.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"