X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kudeta
    • Sep 2004

Should I get a 2 ch amp for stereo?

I have a Rote rsx 1055 and am looking at getting a RCD 1072 in the next few days. Is it worth also spening extra $$$ and getting a 2ch amp as well just to drive the fronts. Can it be hooked up with the 1055 for HT as well? Any advice would be great. Also which Rote amp do you recommend?
    Thanks
    Leigh
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kudeta
    I have a Rote rsx 1055 and am looking at getting a RCD 1072 in the next few days. Is it worth also spening extra $$$ and getting a 2ch amp as well just to drive the fronts. Can it be hooked up with the 1055 for HT as well? Any advice would be great. Also which Rote amp do you recommend?
    Thanks
    Hello Kudeta,

Here are some answers, I'm sure other forum members will provide further insight.

1) Yes, it is worth spending the extra money for a 2ch amp to drive the fronts.

2) Yes, it can be connected to the 1055, via pre-amp connections.

3) This would depend on your speakers, but I would personally recommend the RB-1080.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Energeezer
      • Sep 2002

Nuff said.
      The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD

Comment

• kudeta
        • Sep 2004

Thanks guys for the info,
        Just been to my local dealer to enquire about RCD1072 and quickly asked what they recommended by way of 2ch amp linked through my 1055. They made my decision even more difficult by suggesting the 1075 instead of a 2ch.
        Energeezer what was the 1075 like for 2ch when used with the 1055?
        Obviously when used in 5ch it would be great.
        The other probem was they suggested a RDV 1060 DVD player maybe instead of the RCD 1072, They have them on clearance for $899AUD from $1299. I am thinking about getting a new DVD player but was only looking at a Toshiba or Pioneer for around $250-300 and getting the dedicated CD player as well. Too many choices now, what to do?
        Leigh

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Kudeta,

Really there are two quite different options here:

RCD-1072 and the RB-1080 Amp - will give excellent stereo CD playing and (via the 1080) an improvement to the front 2 channels of surround sound.

RDV-1060 and RMB-1075 for Kick Ass surround sound and DVD-A. The RDV-1060 does a creditable job of CD's (better than many moderate priced CD players) but it is not up to the standard of the RCD-1072 for pure CD playing.

So it depends on which is more important to you - if you are 80% focused on stereo then go the 1072 / 1080 route - but if you want more HT then the other...

Of course (like myself and many others) there is the "best of both worlds" route. You can get the RDV-1060 and RMB-1075 and then add the RCD-1072 and RB-1080 for both great stereo and 7.1 surround sound!

Geoff

Comment

• ekkoville
            • Aug 2004

I second that route, Aussie Geoff. The 1075 sounded great in the demo I had prior to buying the 1095. While you're at it, look at the 1095 and then a 1090 to get 7.1. Man, spending other peoples' money is easier than you think! :T

Comment

• sdecker
              • Jun 2002

I use a RB-1070 with my RSX-1055. Since I use Klipsch speakers I really didnt need the 1080.

The 1070 with my non audiophile ears, clearly beat the 1055's amps in 2 channel listening.

The amps in the 1055 are pretty good, but they cant compare to a dedicated amp.

Earle

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"