X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattburk
    • Feb 2003

Zone 2 and base management

I have the Rotel 1066 that I use for my HT and for zone 2 audio. The problem is when I play a cd it sounds horrible in my other rooms (zone 2)! But other cd's sound ok, as does, am/fm, and TV. I am thinking that it may just be because of the wider frequency range and increased bass on my cd's. On the rotel 1066 we only have bass management for digital signals, but for zone 2 you can only use an analog signal. Is my problem a bass management problem on the Rotel 1066 or would it be something else?
    www.mycstone.com
    www.coverednow.com
    www.biarenton.com
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

If my memory serves me right, there is no BM on the Zone2 pre-outs as this is a full frequency output. Also, only analog source inputs can be sent to the Zone2 pre-outs so any digital only devices connected to your 1066 will be available via Zone-2 out. Also don't forget that the Zone-2 out has a fixed and variable output. Factory default is variable out w/volume control from the 1066. If you're using an integrated amp w/volume control in your second room, then you may be sending too strong of a signal to your second amp and it is suggested that you set the 1066 Zone-2 out to fixed.

Hope this helps.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
    "Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"