Are the 1066 dead from an firmware point of view?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Are the 1066 dead from an firmware point of view?

Hi

Does anybody know if there will be any new updates to the 1066 or does Rotel considder it "dead" from a firmware upgrade point of view?
    And if there will be new releases, does anybody have a clue on what may be in it?

Some of us are still holding on, waiting for the next version of the 1098 before upgrading.
    After all, to many emerging technologies that will be essential within the next year for me to jump on now.
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

My own opinion, and strictly that, an opinion, is that the 1066 was dead a long time ago, and Rotel buried it when they introduced the 1068.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• dali
      • Jul 2002

Have to agree, the 1066 is pretty much dead to Rotel. I doubt that they have enough resources to continue developing a product that they no longer manufacture. Unless some really serious problem is discovered there won't be any more firmware updates.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Yes I agree, the 1066 firmware upgrades are complete. Rotel had addressed the many concerns of this forum and provided legitmate firmware upgrades, the last being ver.2.26, I believe. However, it is not economically pheasible at this point to continue firmware upgrades with this unit, from a business perspective.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Nick Danger
          • Aug 2004

I sure hope not...

Rotel NA are in the midst of fixing what I have to presume is a major defect with my 1066 - if they don't replace it, I'll have a repaired, defective unit that will likely (gotta figure it's better than even odds!) fail again down the road!
          The most obvious fix that I suggested to Rotel back in January when I was just getting used to the equipment, was user adjustable volume step up. One would think that that would not be complex software to program!

Nick Danger
          *wouldn't it be cool if your name really was Nick Danger?*

Comment

• suyver
            • Dec 2002

I am still waiting for that one final firmware upgrade that would let me switch off the front display of my 1066 and let it stay switched off. It's really bugging me that I need to do this again every day while any old el-cheapo DVD player / all-in receiver can keep their display off... :M

Apart from this (and the long-overdue upgrade to Dolby PL IIx; there is enough room in the chips for this according to the release by the manufacturers) I don't see what else they need to upgrade.
            Check out my home theater!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"