X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • canali
    • May 2004

just bought (used) a rotel rmb 1075 after TONS of research

After ALOT of research it became the best bang for the buck for what i'm looking for , to drive
    either maggies (mmg/mg12/cc3 center) or the ascends
    acoustics 170 rear, cmt 340 front and matching center.

I listen to alot of HT (medium sized room) but also watch alot of concert DVDs (from Rush to Diana Krall) and have
    a sony 999es dvd/sacd player (modded) and an SVS 20-39pc+ sub.

For really superb 2 channel music i do have a tube headphone amp and a pair of grado 325 cans.

Cheers :T
    Joe
  • Drew_W
    • Dec 2003

Congrats!

...but...Maggies are really power hungry, and will greatly open up when fed with gobs of power. If you listen to lots of music, I would suggest adding a separate 2 channel power amp for the front channels. An offering from Bryston, either a 3B/4B would really open those up nicely.

Nothing against the Rotel, of course (I have a 1075 myself), just a suggestion. I do have a Rotel RB-1080 in black for sale, but a Bryston amp would be much better if you can find a good use one.

Comment

• canali
      • May 2004

RE: maggies or ascend acoustics with rotel 1075

I've decided to just go with the 170 ascend acoustics
      (rear) and newer 340 up front....for really good 2 channel
      i already have a tube headphone amp and a modded
      sony 999es cd/sacd/dvd player.

I don't believe in paying very high end for audio as the depreciation factor is too huge, 8O plus the next generation is always better sounding/looking, easier to hookup/more powerful and efficient...and CHEAPER.

I'm a big believer in buying used mid-fi.

Many thanks, however....that said, for a 2 channel amp, I am also considering a used Proceed amp2....BUT only thinking

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The 1075 would have done fine with the maggies...remember they're a constant 4 ohm load so he'd be sending them 200 watts each :B

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"