X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • masse1369
    • Jun 2006

OK I am ready to do this...

Just like so many before me, I was getting ready to purchase an SVS PB12+/2 when now I have decided to go the DIY route. A little bit about my room. My system is going to be going in my living room, which attaches to my kitchen. Total space is approx. 5100^ft3, with the living room being about 16x16x10(LxWxH). The main problem with the +/2 is that it is too large. I am thinking about using a single SS RL-p15 or maybe dual 12's. I would also like to keep this as a box subwoofer. My budget is say up to $1300 (which is how much the svs is) out the door. I don't have any of the neccessary tools, so I will probably have to have this sub designed with yalls help and then I will have the box made from a high end car audio dealer here in Jax, FL. In my room and with my budget what would yall recommend. For the rest of my sytem, I am planning on getting Ascend 340's (LCR) and Ascend 170's (rears), Receiver is probably going to be the H/K AVR 635. This system will almost entirely (maybe 90%/10%) be used for movies. Thank you very much in advance for helping me design this sub...

Ryan
  • masse1369
    • Jun 2006

After further reviewing, i think i might just want to buid a sonosub like chasw98. How much would this cost altogether and would anyone be willing to build this for me, or guide me to exaclty would I would need to do? Thanks...

Ryan

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The main problem with the +/2 is that it is too large.
      What part of 19" wide, 26.5" tall and 28" deep, is too large.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• chasw98
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by masse1369
        After further reviewing, i think i might just want to buid a sonosub like chasw98. How much would this cost altogether and would anyone be willing to build this for me, or guide me to exaclty would I would need to do? Thanks...

Ryan
        Cost will be between $500 and $800 depending upon options. If you live in Florida, I will help you build it, otherwise, I will just help you.

Chuck

Comment

• masse1369
          • Jun 2006

i do live in FL, where do you live? I live in Jax...

Comment

• chasw98
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

I'm all the way at the bottom of the state, just north of Fort Lauderdale in Margate.

EDIT: And I just happen to have chunk of sonotube left over from my sub.

Comment

• nick77
              • Apr 2006

Just finished my sonotube RLP-15 and with driver, amp and parts ran about $700. The results are unbelieveable bass for music and HT is beyond expectations. :B
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"