X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Dealers in upstate N.Y.

Hey guys? Does anyone know of a ROTEL dealer(s) in upstate N.Y.? Specifically the Albany area or there abouts?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

hey rock, check out the website...

Find a local authorized Rotel dealer near you.
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

I appreciate the heads up. But I would not have asked the question here, had I not exhausted that resource as well as a few other "search" resources. I checked the ROTEL dealer section for the Albany area code, and there is no dealer that comes up. I am not familiar with the area, and don't know what other towns, citys and/or area codes are nearby. That's why I came here, maybe a member familiar with (or who lives in) the area can help me out.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• nisoli
        • Jan 2003

Hi Rock Dog, I'm from the Albany area (Schenectady) and as far as I know none of the local dealers carries Rotel. I got my RMB 1075 and RSP 1066 at Natural Sound in Framingham (MA) as I often go to Boston, but that's quite far (more than 2 hrs by car from Albany). Another possibility not too far is Spearit Sound in Northampton (MA) which is about 1 hr - 1 hr and 15 min from Albany. Check under the Rotel website for the area code 413 and you will find the address and phone number.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Check this out-

I made a decision while at work to trade processors. Ran to bank at lunch. Home after work at 4:30, yanked processor out of rack, found box and packaging. Packed it up, out the door at 5:30 to destination Johnson City TN, over 100 miles away. Pulled in at 7:15. Got new MC-12, left a little before 8, eating crackers in the car along the way. back home at 9:20. Listening to new MC-12 at 11:30 after a complete rack cleaning and removal of components. What's a 100 mile trip for what you want?

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Mats
            Special Member
            • Jun 2000

What's a 100 mile trip for what you want?
            exactly, lex. i went to montreal for my rotel and paradigm gear (from long island). truth be told, good high-end dealers aren't going to be right around the corner for most of us; though in hindsight i must have been freaking nuts to do what i did. not to get off topic, but i just got back to a dealer in my area that doesn't stock separate components anymore, he just caters to the unenlightened consumer who just wants quick home theater. sadly, his partner didn't even know about a new denon component that's out on the market (they are a certified denon dealer....). getting to my point, sometimes we're going to have to sacrifice a longer trip to get our goods and to get good service.

get in your car and take the drive to where ever you need to go- this gear is well worth the travel.
            Mats
            Mats Strömberg
            Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

Comment

• justin
              • Feb 2003

I buy most of my gear from the speaker shop in Amherst n.y. I know it not close to up state new york. Good places to buy gear are hard to find anymore. I will travel a few hours or so to get good service and gear because I feel it will be worth it. here is there site http://www.speakershop.com

jus

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
              Jus

Comment

• Mats
                Special Member
                • Jun 2000

holy shisters, justin. i dormed it right across the street from there at UB for a semester! how old is this store, i don't remember it (of course that was nearly seven years ago...)?
                Mats
                Mats Strömberg

Comment

• justin
                  • Feb 2003

Hi Valongi- This place has been there a long time. My father would tell me about places he would buy hi end gear back in the day and the speaker shop was one of them. oh yeah he is 55. So I would say the speaker shop has been there 25 years or better. It is a very small building. you could drive by and miss it in a heartbeat.

jus

Jus

Jus

Comment

• soopa
                    • May 2003

Hi guys-

Rock was asking for me... he ended up finding a shop in Great Barrington, MA...

A real small place in a real small town, just about 45 minutes from Albany.

The shop is called "Tune Street" it is on Main St. in GB... lots of nice stuff. Check em out!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"