X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

HDCD led problem with RCD-1070

When playing HDCD CD’s on my Rotel RCD-1070 it’s normal to have the front HDCD led on. However, when playing some normal CD’s it happens, only with a few, that this led lights in a very random way, only for 1 or 2 seconds. I wonder what could be the cause of this behavior?
    h:
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I own the RCD-1070, and I don't recall it reacting that way. I also learned that some CDs that are not designated as HDCD have HDCD encoded tracks, but the entire CD will not be labled as such.

Not much information, but something at least.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Jason Brown
      • Jan 2004

Like Azeke, I too have noticed that there are a lot of stealth HDCDs, but it is weird that it only happens for a few seconds.

Could you mention what some of the CDs are that this occurs with? Maybe Azeke or I have the same discs and can check it out.

Comment

• pbarata
        • Feb 2003

One of the CD’s I listen too often is the Heaven Earth & Beyond from Lisa Ekdahl. Don’t remember in which tracks, but in 2 or 3 of them the HDCD led lights for a few seconds.
        Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
        Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• Jason Brown
          • Jan 2004

Hmm...I don't have that one. I'd be willing to bet that it's the CD and not the player though.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"