X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fhidayat
    • Oct 2002

Latest firmware for RSX-1065

All,
    Is the latest firmware for RSX-1065 still X2_1065v222_20021209.bin? curious since the 1066/1055 is at 2.25 (I think). If there is newer one, would anybody be able to PM me? Thanks a bunch!

Frances

:banana:
  • fhidayat
    • Oct 2002

All,
    I've got the latest software V2.23 dated 4/02/2003 if anybody interested for their 1065, courtesy of Mike Sheehan of Equity Audio. Below is the update notes...
    (Give me your email address, if interested)

Frances

RSX 1065 Software Update Release Notes

V1.1 to V1.2
    - Added dts Neo:6 feature.
    - Added Pro Logic II Music Panorama, Dimension, and Center Width settings.
    - Added RS232 protocols for AM, FM, Pro Logic II, Neo:6 and OSD.
    - Stopped the 10 numeric keys on the remote from switching inputs to TUNER when pressed.

V1.2 to V1.3
    - Added 6.1/7.1 Channel output from Pro Logic II (with EPROM change.)
    - Added delay times for CB speaker(s) in PLII.
    - Boosted test tone levels by 10dB.
    - Added discrete IR codes for Pro Logic II Cinema, PLII Music, 5Ch Stereo, 7Ch Stereo, and 2Ch Stereo.
    - Boosted subwoofer output by +10dB.
    - Added subwoofer level adjustment for the Multi-Input.
    - Added IR codes for FM Mono and Memory.

V1.3 to V1.4
    - Stopped the band and CH up/down keys on the remote from switching inputs to TUNER when pressed.

V1.4 to V1.42
    - Added an IR code for Zone 2 control from the main zone.
    - Added discrete IR codes for TUNE and PRESET modes.

V1.42 to V2.12 (Requires EPROM Change)
    - Added Dolby Digital EX feature.

V2.12 to V2.16
    - Changed the default mode for Dolby Digital 2Ch sources to Dolby Pro Logic II
    - Fixed conflicting displays on CB level settings between Front display and On-Screen Display to show correct levels for CB speaker(s).
    - Fixed the output of Pro Logic II from reverting to 2Ch when playing a DD 2CH source, CB speakers were set to None and delay set to 10ms.

V2.16 to V2.18
    - Changed the OSD background color setting to Black for both Composite and S-Video Monitor out.
    - Fixed a change in the sound image when unit received a discrete IR ON command in Pro Logic II with Center speaker set to OFF.
    - Removed a small buzz from rear speakers when in HDCD mode and Multi-Input was engaged.

V2.18 to V2.19
    - Adjusted the writing time to EEPROM IC from 4.5 usec to 10 usec to improve memory backup.

V2.19 to V2.20
    - Balanced sound levels on DSP Music.

V2.20 to V2.21
    - Added subwoofer output to dts Neo:6 mode when using large front speakers.

V2.21 to V2.22
    - Front panel display for Multi Input changed.
    - Sub level can be set to OFF for different surround modes, including stereo.
    - Correction of on-the-fly adjustments when center & surrounds calibrated to min or max levels.

V2.22 to V2.23
    - Mute will automatically unmute when volume is adjusted.
    - Volume display on OSD changed from bars to numerical display.
    - Dolby Digital EX is now auto-detected rather than manual setting.
    - Subwoofer YES and MAX settings now apply to all modes.
    - Test Tone Level change to -30dB.

Starting units V 1.49

V1.49
    Hardware change new software not backwards compatible
    - Added Dolby Digital EX feature.
    - Changed the default mode for Dolby Digital 2Ch sources to Dolby Pro Logic II
    - Fixed conflicting displays on CB level settings between Front display and On-Screen Display to show correct levels for CB speaker(s).
    - Fixed the output of Pro Logic II from reverting to 2Ch when playing a DD 2CH source, CB speakers were set to None and delay set to 10ms.

V1.49 to V1.51
    - Changed the OSD background color setting to Black for both Composite and S-Video Monitor out.
    - Fixed a change in the sound image when unit received a discrete IR ON command in Pro Logic II with Center speaker set to OFF.

V1.51 to V1.52
    - Adjusted the writing time to EEPROM IC from 4.5 usec to 10 usec to improve memory backup.

V1.52 to V1.53
    - Balanced sound levels on DSP Music modes.

V1.53 to V1.54
    - Added subwoofer output to dts Neo:6 mode when using large front speakers.

V1.54 to V1.55
    - Front panel display for Multi Input changed.
    - Sub level can be set to OFF for different surround modes, including stereo.
    - Correction of on-the-fly adjustments when center & surrounds calibrated to min or max levels.

V1.55 to V1.56
    - Mute will automatically unmute when volume is adjusted.
    - Volume display on OSD changed from bars to numerical display.
    - Dolby Digital EX is now auto-detected rather than manual setting.
    - Subwoofer YES and MAX settings now apply to all modes.
    - Test Tone Level change to -30dB.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If you email it to me I'll add it to my website with the other firmwares

Comment

• fhidayat
        • Oct 2002

Andrew,
        I'll email it you. Thanks for taking care of this, congrats on the recent arrival to the Pratt's house too! sleep thru the night, yet?

Frances

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

sleeping though the night?
          Who me or Lauren? Either way the answers no...got a pounding headache due to lack of sleep as well :roll:

I've posted the firmware on my site and added the firmware features to the FAQ thread

Comment

• fhidayat
            • Oct 2002

ah yes, my youngest one is 4 years now, but I still remember those times vividly, went twice, and not to mention packing up a big supply of baby stuff everywhere we go. oh yeah, make sure you pack 'nuf supply of batteries for your digital camera when travelling...

Comment

• ejfiii
              • May 2003

I am now setting up my 1065 and cant find the firmware version on any menus. I believe the manual states that the version should be shown in the lower right corner of the system status page, but i don't show it anywhere on any menu screens, with both composite and s video. I am working through some IR issues that maybe the firmware version could help, but I just cant find it. Thanks in advance.

E. J.

My HT
              My HT

Comment

• fhidayat
                • Oct 2002

E.J.
                Hold down the mute until the display on the Rotel shows a version number. Please make sure that you differentiate the version between 1.XX and 2.XX since these are two different release level (i.e. no correlation between the two) so if yours is 1.XX series, stick with the latest update for the series. Don't update your Rotel with the 2.XX firmware since it might render your unit inoperable. Check out Andrew's website for the latest firmware. Hope it helps!

Frances

Comment

• Glenn
                  • Jun 2003

How/why are there two different firmware series for the same receiver?

Comment

• Danbry39
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2002

As per Andrew in FAQ's,

3. I see there's two versions...which do I need?
                    Answer: Mid way though production Rotel changed a few chips in both the 1055 and 1066 which meant a new firmware line was required. Feature wise both the 1.X and the 2.X will be identical but you must make sure that you're installing the correct file into your machine otherwise it will lock up and require it been sent to Rotel. See #1 to find out which version you need.

Keith
                    Keith

Comment

• Glenn
                      • Jun 2003

Ooops, sorry about that question ops:

I've even previously read the FAQ so I didn't duplicate asking something already previously answered.

Thanks for the answer, though

Comment

• Danbry39
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Sep 2002

No problem whatsoever.

Keith
                        Keith

Comment

• Egge70
                          • Aug 2021

Hello, I might be possible that I am al little late. I bought a used 1065. And now, I wold like to Update the Firmware. Does anyone know, where I can find it? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"