X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calypsocowboy
    • Jul 2004

RMB-1075 Rackmount Question

I'm about ready to purchase a 1075 for my B&W system. I plan on purchasing a custom Middle Atlantic rackshelf for the amp. I know the rackshelf if 5U tall and from the dimensions I'll have about an inch above the rack and I'm sure that isn't enough space for heat. So I plan on addint a 1U vent panel above the amp. This should give me another 1.75 inches. For those of you that have amps is this enough room above the rack?

More info on the rack. It is enclosed on 4 sides but the front and back are open. The rack will be at the top of the rack or almost to the top. The only thing above it would be the vent panel and a Furman power/light module.

Thanks advance for the help. I can't wait to get the amp and join the club.
    Josh
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

The 1075 is a very cool running amp, and in most circumstances requires very little coddeling (that's coddeling, not cooling). I have mine rack mounted in similar, very tight quarters and it never even breaks a sweat. If the tight quarters are a problem, just be sure there is some air circulation through your rack. This can be accomplished in many ways.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• calypsocowboy
      • Jul 2004

Vent

So I should be fine with a 1U vent. I'll just watch the temp and get a fan if I need it.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

1U above my 'heat' items has been working fine for me!

FWIW, the 1095 does have about 8" of space before the ceiling, but the 1066 in bridge mode, and the 1098 get alot hotter anyways..

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"