X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

RSX 1055 Not Powering Up.

Dear All,

My beloved Rotel RSX-1055, went down yesterday I donno how, in the morning I was listening to tuner and everything was fine, and shut it off shut it off by remote, I came back from work and put it on using remote and it wouldn’t start and when I checked the system, to my surprise the standby blue light was off..... I have tried to put it back off/on from the main power switch and it would not start, I have checked the power cable and the power source etc.. And everything seems to be fine and something is gone bad inside the receiver I suppose, are there any power fuse inside.....??, which I can change my self without giving it to the dealer as it is going to be expensive for me as it is out of warranty and would take long time to ship it to Rotel from my geographic location, or anything else I could do myself to get this fixed... Your info will be much much appreciated, I use remote for putting the system on/off because there is another issue with my 1055, previously I was using the power button for power on and off... But when I do this it is not keeping the setting of speakers, channel volumes, Tuner stations in its memory.. And I have to redo the setup when ever it is lost..this happens very frequently. I made a google search on this problem in the past and came up no solutions, and there was one who had the same problem but I guess he sent it back to Rotel to get it fixed... I need your input on both the issues.. Please Please.. Or at least the power issue for now...
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

I'd say it is definately an iternal issue with your 1055. I would contact Rotel and explain your situation with them. Lately I have been reading very positive posts on this forum with Rotel stepping up to the plate with faulty units even if they are no longer under warranty - even second hand units. I'm pretty sure you will have this resolved through Rotel. Post your location and I am sure some others will be able to help you out with contact info. Good luck.

Comment

• pramod
      • Dec 2005

Hi There Kens1,

Thx for early reply... Yeah I guess it is the right thing to send it to Rotel and have them fixed both the issues... I cannot live without music but no other way I guess I have to send it... any way thx again Kens1

Hello Every one, can any on give me the contact info of Rotel Please...

My Gear
      B/W 602S3/LCR60/600S3
      Rel Starta 5 sub
      Rsx-1055
      Nad CD542
      Denon 1600 DVD
      Panasoinc Tau Geega 32" Degital TV.
      Van Dun Hul Mark III interconnects and Monster Interconnects.
      Last edited by pramod; 17 December 2005, 09:11 Saturday.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Post where you are located and someone should know the best way to contact Rotel.

Kevin D.

Comment

• pbarata
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by pramod
          ... I came back from work and put it on using remote and it wouldn’t start and when I checked the system, to my surprise the standby blue light was off..... I have tried to put it back off/on from the main power switch and it would not start, I have checked the power cable and the power source etc.. And everything seems to be fine and something is gone bad inside the receiver I suppose...
          I had exactly the same issue after 2 years of working without a glitch.

The problem was with the processor board, the original one stopped working making my unit completely inoperable, therefore it was replaced by a new one. They also made the repair complete free of charge. I hope you can get the same good support from Rotel.
          Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
          Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• pramod
            • Dec 2005

Hello all,

I came back from work and pulled the system out of the AV rack and opened it very carefully and checked around the power supply at the back, I found two “Fuses”. Took my
            ‘fluke multi-metre’ (I’m a computer hardware guy, so I took the liberty of opening it as I felt it was a “Fuse” issue) pulled one fuse which is easily accessible, and checked with my Fluke and found it defective..... And checked the one which is little inside around the power-supply connector, and found that is working (without pulling the fuse out). So now I’m crossing my fingers and praying that it should be only fuse. (as we cannot check further until we replace the defective fuse) this is what is printed on one side of the fuse end (T250L250V “round circle mark” and on the other end of the fuse it is written “bel UR” UR is written reversely followed by something like this ®) and on the system from where I have pulled the fuse from it is written like this
            USA/Canada : SB315mA/250V
            Europe : T250mAL/250V

And my unit has 250V power supply input as it is at this side of the world.. (Middle East, UAE DUBAI, Asia)
            My question is, can I get any fuse which is of this same rating but may be from a different manufacturer, (as I may not find the same company fuse here) and replace it and try myself.....????

I have a strong instinct that it might be the fuse which is the culprit....
            Please advise... You advise is much much appreciated......

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

You should have no problem replacing the fuse with an equivalent one. The 'T' and 'SB' are the same thing, 'slow-blow' fuses. Make sure you get that and then the correct ratings (250mA for 250 volts).

Kevin D.

Comment

• pramod
                • Dec 2005

Hello Kevin, and others,

Thx much for your help in getting the fuse difference known to me as I was not aware of it b4. I will try and get the fuse this weekend and replace it in my system and then post my findings, hopefully I might be able to get this resolved. this is my first time joining in the fourm and I'm finding it very useful and you all are really helpful. You all rock....
                Thx again for sharing your knowledge and experiences,..

Comment

• pramod
                  • Dec 2005

Halleluiah, Praise The Lord....

My amp is back to life, Thx to Kevin and others who have helped me. I went to the market but I was not able to find the fuse as it is specified on it which 250mA@250V, instead I brought 0.25A@250V which I suppose the same rating, I have come home and replaced and it started like a champ..... To my amusement it kept all the settings intact.... As it was late I did play which I’m going to do it today... And as I said it is loosing its memory settings when the unit is off for while or looses randomly, which is my second Issue, from my initial post, can any one advise/solve my second issue please....

Thx Pramod

Comment

• Kevin P
                    • Aug 2000

It's cool when it's a simple DIY fix. And yes, 250 mA = 0.25A, so you even got the correct amperage fuse.

If it blows again, get the receiver serviced. Repeatedly blowing fuses is a sign of trouble.

Comment

• pbarata
                      • Feb 2003

Well done.

In my case I checked the fuses too, but they were OK, so I had to send the unit for service.
                      Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
                      Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• pramod
                        • Dec 2005

Hello Guys,

Can any one address my second issue please, on how to fix my setup loss problem... the upgrade of software will fix this issue....??? or it has to be serviced.....??

Comment

• jk@home
                          • Oct 2003

Have you set the "User Default" in the Default setup portion of the on screen menu, after making all your changes?

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"