X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

1068/1075 In Da House

Ok, Brought my new combo home last night. Sweeeeet. Did some minor calibrating , so I could watch lotr, Return of the king. Really awesome sound. Got up this morning to do some serious 2 channel and multi-channel listening. Well,with my last receiver, I had to adjust the balance a little to get the sound centered. I found that I had to do the same with the 1068. Something didn't seem right. Upon some close listening,I found out that I had a bad tweeter in one of my speakers. (the reason for the off balance sound, duh) The reason I couldnn't tell that it was bad before was that there is some sound comming from it. But it's really faint. Anyways, going to be getting it fixed so I can enjoy my new toys. I noticed that the processor gets hotter than the amp. hmmm. Anyhow, hopefully will be taking some pics of the new gear soon and posting them. For those interested my old setup pics are at.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/del44.
    Last edited by DelRay; 27 June 2004, 11:37 Sunday. Reason: too much info
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Congrats! We'll be awaiting pics. You have a really nice theater room, and I'm impressed with the work you put in to maximize acoustics.

Comment

• Electra
      • Jun 2004

CONGRAT.
      It is the same with my 1098. It getting very hot, but I see no danger in it. The amps are very colde, if should compare.
      Regards from Norway.
      Stian

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Congratulations on your good taste and welcome to the fold!
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

Thanks guys. Got a ? on multi input. When listening to dvd-a in stereo the sub is still playing. Any way to play 2 channel without sub on and without going into speaker setup menu every time to select no sub. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

• Drew_W
            • Dec 2003

Check the bass management on your source.

Comment

• DelRay
              • Jun 2004

Bass management from dvd player is only adjustable for dd and dts. Not multi-channel. It worked fine with my old Sony. Guess I'll just have to mess with the menu a little. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Comment

• Bing Fung
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2000

Congrats on the excellent new toys! :T

I'm not totally sure on the menu setup for the 1068, but you should be able to turn the Sub off for the Multi Input source. Look in your Subwoofer Set up menu. It may have a list of all the Sound modes where you can adjust the +/- dB level of the sub for each sound mode. If you scroll down to Multi, adjust the minus (-) until it shows OFF (-10).
                Bing

Comment

• GSamF
                  • Mar 2004

Congrats on the new toys. My 1068 gets considerably hotter than my 1095, and my 1095 has very tight enclosure where my 1068 is very open.

I have read that a good test is can you place your forearm on it and it doesn't get too hot that you have to move off of it.

And you can turn off the sub from the 1068 multi in the menus. I do that for my SACD's.

Happy listening,
                  Sam

Comment

• DelRay
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks for the help. I know that I can turn off the sub in the multi menu. But sometimes I like to go back and forth with 2 channel and multi channel. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to go to the multi setup menu every time. However, the sound that I hear now has never sounded so crisp and full. My old Sony ES is a far cry from what I am experiencing now. I know that my polks are not "High end" speakers, but after having them hooked to the rotel for just a few days has really opened these things up. They sound fantastic. I have now stepped forward into the land of seperates and will not be going back.

Comment

• resperc
                      • May 2004

Delray, Which Polks do you have? I only ask because I plan to buy a 1068/1075 combo in the next month or so. I'd be interested in your impressions. My set-up includes:

RT55s - front L/R (large bookshelf w/dual 6 1/2" woofers and 1" tweeter)
                      CS400 - center (same as 55s, but tweeter is between the 6 1/2s)
                      FX500 - bipole/dipole rears (dual 1" tweeters and 6 1/2" woofer)
                      PSW650 - Sub (dual 10")

These speakers sound pretty good in my small room, but I cannot wait to get them disconnected from my Onkyo reciever and connected to the Rotels.
                      Thanks and congrats on your new seperates (and reborn speakers)!!

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

Congratulations Delray, and welcome to the club and to the world of separates :T , next thing you know you will be inquiriing about 2 channel amps

Enjoy your toys,

Azeke

Comment

• DelRay
                          • Jun 2004

resperc, I'm running RT2000P's for the fronts, cs400i center, RT35 rears, twin Paradigm PW2200's for the main subs and a dcm sub2 covers the bass for the surrounds. I'm sure the Rotel package will sound great with your speakers.
                          Azeke. I also bought the 1062 integrated amp. I'm hoping to put a little 2 channel rig together.

Comment

• sharnyo
                            • Jun 2004

DelRay,

I am also planning to upgrade from Onkyo to 1068/1075. Looked at your picture. It's a great setup.

I notice that the units in the rack have small top/side clearance although the front & back are open. Wondering whether it's okay for the hotter 1067/1075. Most units I know have slit openings on the top and the side to let the heat out.

Comment

• DelRay
                              • Jun 2004

sharnyo
                              It is tight in the cabinet, and with this new gear it's even tighter. The fan at the top of the cab really keeps the uppermost piece of gear cool. The only thing I haven't figured out is which piece of gear needs cooling the most. I was going to place the amp there but it seems to run cool. The 1068 on the otherhand seems to run fairly warm. For now I will be keeping the 1068 on the top. One the 12 volt triggers on the 1068 controls the fan.

Comment

• sharnyo
                                • Jun 2004

How's the noise from the fan ? I usually hate putting up extra fan because of the noise it generates, and would prefer natural cooling. Since hot air rises to the top, I would suggest putting a warmer unit above others. I have once put my receiver below my VCR and I can feel it heats up the base of my VCR (in switched off condition).

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"