X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattCXII
    • Feb 2004

Rotel and Klipsch a good match?

Hey,

Currently I am running a RSP 1066 and an RMB 1075. I want to match them with a set of the Klipsch Reference Series speakers.

Here would be what I would buy...

RF-35 - Fronts
    RC-35 - Center
    RS-35 - Surrounds
    RSW-12 - Sub.

For those of you who have this type of setup what do you think? I love the sound of the Klipsch speakers but am unable to hear them matched with Rotel gear.

Let me know what you think.

Matt
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Go for it!

Klipsch and Rotel seem to make a very good match. I am running 7 series References and the same basic Rotel gear you have. You won't regret your move to Klipsch.

Depending on your room size you may want to consider subwoofer alternatives to the RSW12.

Also, you may want to take a long listen to the 7 series before putting down your hard earned green. I moved from 3 series (predicessor to the 35s) and the difference in soundstage was amazing. However, my listening room IS quite large so it requires a bigger speaker.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• MattCXII
      • Feb 2004

Ah, the 7 series is great. I don't think I can afford those though. You see, I am doing a trade in on my Paradigm Monitor 7's so I will only be out $800 Canadian for the 35's. Why would I want to look into a different sub? The reason why I was thinking about this one was that my dealer has one with a SMALL blemish on the finish and said he would sell it to me for $650 Canadian. My room isn't too big but do you think that would be too much or too little? It's a great deal but do you think it would be a bit much? To be honest I know nothing of sub's. Generally when I listen to two channel... its just that... two channel. I don't add the sub into the mix.

How much is it for the 7's? My dealer only had the 5's and the 35's.

Matt

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

I had a Rotel 1066/Parasound/Klipsch Reference combo for about a year and it was pretty amazing. Many over at the Klipsch board had matched their Klipsch up with Rotel components and they all seemed to love the combination. Can't recall of anyone posting negative comments at all about the mating of these two companies. The Klipsch should never run out of steam with the Rotel amp, that's for sure.
        Keith

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

From my experience with Klipsch,the better electronics you put with them the better they sounded.B&K was a great match for Klipsch Reference.Rotel I never heard them together.But Rotel can fully run them as they are one of the easiest speakers to drive.Personal preference comes into play here.I might dig it but you may not.........try to go listen before you buy.Or Bring your seperates to the dealer you want to buy the Klipsch from and compare to what they use.

Comment

• DrJRapp
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dmantis
            Rotel can fully run them as they are one of the easiest speakers to drive.
            Matt
            Be careful of this common misconception. Some think that because of the high efficiency that they are easy to drive. Not necessarily so! They require decent quality stable amplifiers capable of high current flow since they tend to have impedance dips well below their rateing. This is not a defect but a consequence of their high efficiency design. Just wanted to clear that up, even though for the purpose of this thread the point is mute since you already own the electronics. :T

In my post above I mentioned that may want to look at other subs. Even though you are getting a very good price on the RSW12 it is not considered one of their stellar performers. The RW 15 is a "true subwoofer" but through my own experience I have found that I prefer the sound of a SVS subwoofer with my Klipsch Reference series than I do the Reference subwoofers. In home theater you will find, within reason, there is no such thing as "too much" sub.
            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Foxman
              • Jan 2003

I have the same Rotel gear and am also running a RF, RC 7 setup and am in the process of landing the RS-7 to go with them. Anyway, I love mine. I did opt for a SVS sub and have never looked back. If the SVS doesnt serve the budget well, then you have do whats best for your money, but if you could swing a SVS found at www.svsubwoofers.com then I would.

Other than that it sounds like HT heaven to me. :T
              IMO

My Movies
              Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Electra
                • Jun 2004

The 1090 likes Klipsch Klf 30 very good. :T
                Regards from Norway.
                Stian

Comment

• MattCXII
                  • Feb 2004

Thanks for all of the info. I think I might splurge for the 5's. The 7's are way out of my price range but if I save my pennies I might cut out an upgrade point by waiting a bit. As for the sub... I guess I will have to listen to them myself to see if it works for me.

Thanks again.

Matt

Comment

• GSamF
                    • Mar 2004

Matt...

In my humble opinion the Rotel has a way to very slightly warm up my highs a tiny bit on my B&W 804's, and with the Klipsch horns who have a tendancy to be a bit bright like my 804's, I think it would be a good match.

And I don't care what anybody says, Klipsch speakers are a huge bang for the buck speaker, and as my dealer says "they can be powered by a clock radio and still sound good".

But you like everyone else in this forum, are looking for a way to turn good into great, or great into greater, or greater into greatest, or how can I spend more money to get .00001% more clarity out of my system.

Reading through these forums, it seems like the only way out of this upgrade madness for some is marriage. The rest of us have yet to find a cure.

Sam

Comment

• MattCXII
                      • Feb 2004

Sam,

Sadly.... there is no cure.

I have had my Paradigm Monitor 7's for a little over a year and look at me... out buying new speakers...

so sad this upgrade bug is...

Matt

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by GSamF
                        Reading through these forums, it seems like the only way out of this upgrade madness for some is marriage. The rest of us have yet to find a cure.

Sam
                        :rofl: Too true! :rofl: ...and even then it's no cure it just slows down the progression of the disease :B

Jason
                        Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
                          • Feb 2004

You know what? This is stupid... I am stupid.

I just bought these damn speakers I have right now and to be honest.... they sound nice. Sure they are only Paradigm Monitor series but do I hate them enough to pay out 2000 grand to replace? No. I am fighting the upgrade bug and I think this time I might win!

Also, my girlfriend would kill me if I told her no trip down south this year because I wanted to upgrade my speakers for no apparent reason but to feed the upgrade bug.

Ouch... that conversation wouldn't go over too well.

Heh.

Matt

Thanks to everyone for your information. When I do upgrade at some point in the future I think I will go with the Klipsch RF-5 series... very nice and revealing speakers.

Matt

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

..and even then it's no cure it just slows down the progression of the disease
                            I agree with you on that one...you just have to be more creative with your reasoning :W

Comment

• rich0372
                              • Jul 2004

I just got rmb1080 and i'm using klf 30's they sound amazing. They may be effeicent 102db but they really came alive after i amped them.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"