X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CGM
    • Jun 2004

1075/1098 center channel problem

I am new to the forum and just received some evaluation gear to test in my HT. I received a 1075/1098 combination that am running with B&W 805's. This is my second day working with the set up and I can not get any sound from my center channel at all. I had it working fine orignally and then it was gone..... I wired back to my old set up with my Denon 3801 receiver and everything was fine....

Could I have a blown fuse?.....Any suggestion would be great because I only have the test gear for another few days.

Thanks,

CGM
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Try to narrow down whether it's the amp or preamp. Take a front output and plug it into the center input. If you get sound, preamp is bad. If you still don't get sound, amp is bad.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

Check your speaker set-up menu. It could be as simple as mistakenly telling the Rotel that you have no center channel.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I concur with Mark, I have actually seen that mistake made before. You can view your status window on the 1098, and see if the Center channel is recognized, and/or also check your speaker setup, to ensure the Center is enabled, check your DSP mode, center speaker level, and of course your wiring.

Hopefully it's software and not hardware.

Good luck and keep up posted,

Azeke

Comment

• CGM
          • Jun 2004

I have tested every which way possible and it appears to be a bad processor.

Thnaks for the input.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"