• Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

1056 Pre Amp for 2 channel ?

Hey duders!

Question....

How good would you say the pre amp of 1056 is for 2 channel.

here`s what I am thinking....

1056 Pre AMp
    Bryston 3 bst amp

I am presently using the 1056 as an amp and Pre AMp....and 2 channel is....well good. But I want better....I find than when put to the maximum of efforts you get within mmeters of that amazing sound...you know what I mean ?

So If I use the Pre amp and drive the speakers with Bryston.....do you figure I`ll see a really good improvement....

Thanks!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

Only way you can know for sure is to give it a try. It should sound better but only you can decide if that is true in your case.

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by shadow
      Only way you can know for sure is to give it a try. It should sound better but only you can decide if that is true in your case.
      True.

But since I don`t have the Bryston...and am waiting for replies on whether it would make a significant difference is more what I am need right now.

Thanks though!

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

Duders!

Thanks for all the replies!

:lol:

Jason.....Andrew.....anybody !

:

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Should kick @ss Bam but the only way to tell if it's worth it to your ears and wallet it to listen yourself and decide if it's worth it.

But I believe the answer you're looking for is, IMO, yes. If the Bryston is too much $$ for what you're hearing try cheaper and more expensive options as well. The more expensive amp might have enough of a difference to wrrant the cost to your ears or maybe a cheaper amp is affordable enough while maintaining most of the improvements to warrant your dollars...

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• Bam!
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2004

Jason!

Merci! More french.....you pepper you!

Maybe I the question's wrong....

Will it be as good as a dedicated 2 channel Pre AMp...let us say like a BP 60 or what have you ?

Merci la ain!

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

IMO, you'll never get as good as a quality dedicated 2-channel system in a multi-channel setup. You can get close but not 100%. Then again you can't watch movies in DD or DTS or listen to multichannel SACD/DVD-A on a 2-channel system. Most people are willing to make that sacrifice or have seperate systems. Will a dedicated 2-channel amp get you that much closer? Absolutely! It will also bennefit multi-channel reproduction as well as you'll get that better performance out of your mains AND free up resources for the other channels so they'll sound better as well.

Jason
              Jason

Comment

• shadow
                • Dec 2003

Does your dealer allow in home trials to see if the amp adds a real benefit to your system?

Comment

• Bam!
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2004

The two that would maybe.....

Don`t have Bryston...

I can`t believe no one hear runs their Rotel receiver in 2 channel....I`m shocked :E

How could I be the only one ?

:

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

How do you figure your the only one? :

Jason
                    Jason

Comment

• Bob Knarly
                      • Mar 2004

Yes,the answer is yes,my Parasound made 2ch better and my B&K makes 2ch better.Kind of a waste with all the HISSSSSSSSSS coming from the center and surrounds of the 1056 amps WHILE TRYING TO ENJOY 2 CHANNEL.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                        • May 2004

Hey, if you really want your system to sound sick, just get mono-block amps for each speaker. I know I can not afford it, but I sure wish that I could.

Goson

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"