Are the RSX-1056 and RB-1080 a good match?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resperc
    • May 2004

Are the RSX-1056 and RB-1080 a good match?

This is my first post. I have been reading the forum for a while. Here is my situation. I currently have an Onkyo reciever (TXDS 787, THX Select Cert) and relatively effecient speakers (90db). The Onkyo has done a good job for me, but I am ready to upgrade. I am a professional musician so I am primarily interested in upgrading the stereo sound. I am looking at the RSX-1056 to replace the Onkyo and I will add the RB-1080 for the mains. I know I will see a moderate imrovement in the HT sound and a huge improvement in the stereo sound. However, I am concerned that the RB-1080 will just overpower the rest of the system. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks, resperc
    Last edited by resperc; 07 May 2004, 21:36 Friday. Reason: Better title
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I don't think you have to worry about the 1080 overpowering the whole system. It will definately kick for 2-channel but you may find the centre channel power lacking compared to your mains with "centre-heavy" soundtracks. A 1070 might be a better match...? Best way to find out is to try listening to both

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• simonb68
      • Jan 2003

Hi, I have a 1055 with Dynaudio Contour 1.1 speakers, 4ohm and pretty demanding. When I got them it was a major upgrade in quality, but like you my priority is stereo listening over movies and after some time I felt that there was something missing, a lack of control. So I recently bought a used RB991, the pre-cursor to the 1080 I believe, and its made a wonderful difference, not night and day, but just a fuller, richer sound, bass is more defined and extended, and with tracks that I thought I knew I realised the 1055 was straining a bit. With the 991 it just lets rip. Does it overpower, no I don't think it does, so if you have fairly demanding speakers I would definitely listen at least to the 1080 and see what you think. If its like the 991 it runs hot though so think about ventilation.

Hope that helps
      Simon

Comment

• resperc
        • May 2004

I appreciate the comments. I will definitely listen to the 1080 before I buy. Hopefully I can make this happen soon. resperc

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"