X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howie
    • Feb 2003

1098 Trigger

I have the 1098, with an RMB1095 and an RB1070 hooked up to the triggers. Every evening when I get home from work, I power the system up, and everything works great. After approximately 45 minutes, both the amps trigger off. I then power the 1098 down and power it back up. The amps come back on and everything works great for the next several hours until I shut the system down. No trigger problems at all. This happens every day. It did not happen at all until after I did the Dolby IIx upgrade and firmware. Has anyone seen this happen on their system? So far it's not a big deal, but I find it kind of strange that this behavior is so consistent.
    Howie
  • Olaf
    • Nov 2003

Dear Howie,

Many people are experiencing trigger problems similar to the one you are experiencing and to my knowledge all have started encountering these problems after the 2.1.x upgrade.

My system sometimes just does not want to start (trigger 1 is connected to RLC-1050 which in turn feeds all my components)and I have to toggle the switch at the rear of my RSP-1098 to get it to work again.

Till date (knock on wood) I have not experienced triggers dropping while in operation.

Regards,
    Olaf

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Howie,

As covered - we have a number of people with various forms of trigger issue with the 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 firmware (where Rotel changed the RSP-1098 trigger operation). Most people (myself included) are not affected - but it is annoying for those who have it.

Rotel is in diagnosis mode and a solution is expected soon....

Geoff

Comment

• Howie
        • Feb 2003

Thanks for your replies, Olaf and Aussie Geoff. Though it's regretful that others are also having this problem, it's good to know that it is documented and that Rotel is working on it. I'm sure it will be corrected as soon as possible.
        Howie

Comment

• Henk
          • Jun 2003

My 12v trigger problems started even before I loaded v1.1.8 firmware. I have not upgraded to v2. Rotel South Africa will be looking at my 1098 next week.

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Is there an update to this problem?

My system has recently developed this same problem, despite that I never had this problem from the start. My system has been operating with out trigger problems for a few years now.

Recently I painted my room, as such had to disconnect the equipment from power for a few weeks. When I reassembled the system, I made some minor changes such as adding a HD-DVD player and shuffling around some input assignments. That's when I suddenly have developed this Amplifier triggering off problem, as posted.

I have not upgraded the firmware and I can't say what version I'm at (I'm at work), however that has not changed. I'll look at the firmware Rev this evening.

The problem does seem to be of a consistent time nature, although I have not timed it, it is usually 1/3 into a movie, and it'll trigger off the amps.
            Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

The Firmware is 2.1.2

The night before it shut of the amps at about 1 hour in, then shut them down again sometime longer than 1 hour after (~1:45).

Last night the amps shut down well after an hour, but then ran for 2 more movies with out shutting down.

No answers? Maybe I'll contact Rotel directly.....
              Bing

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

I don't know of anything past 2.1.2 that would effect the triggers. Nevermind the fact it's been workinfg fine. Might be time for a new board.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Jason Brown
                  • Jan 2004

I had the same thing with my amps turning themselves off. In my case it was a bad relay. For the record, I was still on version 1.something. Rotel fixed it for me under warranty and updated my firmware. No problems since.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"