X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kinjite
    • Apr 2004

Comparison ROTEL / Parasound

Hi,

I am still very confused about what mark or model I should purchase (still have to do some listening…)

Has anyone made a Rotel RSP-1098/RMB-1095 and HALO C2/A52 comparison? I’m not sure the difference is worth the bucks?

I am also wondering where or how I can buy Rotel or Parasound for a reasonable price? I am from Belgium, so maybe somewhere in the Netherlands or Germany? Or maybe I should import from the USA?

Maybe you have some ideas on the subject?

Regs
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

The only way to tell which one you like best and for what $$, is too listen and decide based on your ears and wallet I'm afraid. You can't really go wrong with either as they both make fine equipment though. Hopefully someone closer to your area of the world can recommend where to get them

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Both are great companies imo. I own or have owned products from each and can only say wonderful things about the electronics they offer to the public. I've heard both the Parasound and Rotel pre-pros, but at different times in different shops. To me, I think the Rotel is the better deal in this category (isn't it $1000 less for the C2?), again going on very little listening time. As for amps, no knock at all on Rotel amps, but I do have a personal preference for the Parasound in this area, mostly because they have a warmer character to my ears and that's my subjective preference.
      Keith

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

There's a gentleman by the name of 'SCARP' that visits this forum though I haven't seen him in awhile. Last I thought, he was one of the moderators here on HT Guide over in the Parasound area. He hails from the Netherlands.

He owned an RSP-1098 and switched over to the Parasound C2. You might look him up there.

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"