X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Rotel RMB-1095 with Mirage OM7 speakers and Yamaha RX-V3200 pre-pro

I am receiving my Rotel RMB-1095 sometime this week.
    Does anyone on this forum have any experience with using a Yamaha RX-V3200 as a pre-pro and/or Mirage OM7 speakers?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Zeke
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

I'm using the 1066/1095 combo. With Mirage all around. OM-6, OM-C2, OM-R2. Before the ROTEL gear I had a Yamaha RX-V2095 driving the Mirage speakers.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Thanks Thomas for your response.

Did you get signifcant improvement on the Mirages once you went to the 5 channel Rotel (percentage improvment)?

I've heard of the significant improvement when adding the 1066, any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,

Zeke

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

I had been wanting to go to an amp pre/pro setup for some time. But I had no intention of doing it for the upgrade of the 2095.

I auditioned the Denon 480? the Yamaha 3300 and the RX-Z1 as replacements to the 2095. Most of the reason for the switch was to get DTS ES, DD 6.1 and so on. Then my dealer brought me into the room with the ROTEL stuff, 1066/1075 speciafically. (within the same price range as the high end Denon and Yamaha receivers.) I was impressed, very impressed. There was no comparison IMO to the receivers. After a little more thought, and wallet checking. I decided to get the 1066/1095 (go with the bigger ampp.)

I was hoping to get more out of the Mirages, which I was quite happy with being driven my the Yamaha RX-V2095. (oh yeah, I forgot to mention I have the Mirage BPS-400 dual 12" Bi-Polar sub as well)

I am very happy to state that the Mirages are like a whole new set being driven by the Rotel gear. I can't believe the difference. I don't have some of the vast "audiophile" vocabulary some of these people have, so I describe the changes as follows.

The speakers seem to be more fluid, not working as hard. The soundstage opened up even more (didn't think it was possible given the "Omni-Polar design" The clarity and separation took a big jump. I hear things I did not hear before, especially from disks I am very familiar with, and listen to a lot. Separation between sources (instruments) is clearer. One of the biggest and best suproses is the control the ROTEL stuff has over the Mirages. With the Yamaha, during a movie. A sound would travel from say the center channel to the right. But somewhere a long the way, it would jump, to the right channel. The ROTEL gear has much greater control, and does a better job of blending this. Now when I listen to the same instance, it's almost like there is one big speaker across the front. (does that make sense?)

Another big surprise! The sub-woofer. I always loved it, but it could over power the room and was hard to dial in. I used to have to keep the sub's amp at a fairly low volume, because it would tend to rumble a bit. It bugged me, but I was able to tweak it to an acceptable level. But it always bothered me that I could not turn it's amp up higher. The 1066 (since the 1095 has nothing to do with my powered sub) controls this beast with precision and aplomb. I have the sub's amp turned up twice as loud now. With the 1066 the sub is crisper, sharper and much more accurate.

So I guess what I am saying is. That I am very, very pleased with the difference the ROTEL gear made with regards to my beloved Mirage speaker line. IMO, and I had the Yamaha Mirage setup for 2.5 years. The ROTEL gear took my music and HT to a whole new level.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• princeoliver
          • Jan 2003

Yes you should go for the RSP1066 or RSX1055 as pre/pro. I have Mirage OM6 front, Mirage M7si rear, Mirage BPS150i subwoofer and Energy AC300 centre. I used a Denon AVR1700 as pre/pro before and it did not made my Rotels 985 mkII sound good at all. Got a RSX972; use it as a pre/pro and the sound is now much better.

Since I listen to music more I use the 985 to bi-amp the OM6s. The AC300 is bi-amp between the 985 and 972. The M7si are driven by the 972. I can tell you that bi-amping the OM6 made the sound much cleaner and with more control. I believe Rotels should have enough power to drive the OM series speakers. The M series are less effiicient and I honestly do not know if a 100 watt Rotel amp can open them up fully. I have a M3 in another system and I do not belleve my 985 can drive them to the fullest. But for music I actually perfer the older M series to the newer OM series.

Now I have a question for the group. Does anyone know how the OM9 sounds compared to the M7si? Since the 9s are more efficient than the 7s, would it not sound better driven by the RSX972? But if I use a higher quality amp for music would the older M7si still beat the newer OM9?

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Thank you for your feedback gentlemen. It is much appreciated, however just purchasing the RMB-1095 really upset the wife, so I think I'll have to wait for the processor. Maybe when the 1098 hits the stores, I' ll be able to find the 1066 at a good price. Oh well, in the doghouse again.

Zeke

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Azeke
              ...really upset the wife, so I think I'll have to wait... Oh well, in the doghouse again.
              Zeke
              There's a solution to this problem as well...

BROOM HER!

:twisted: :P :LOL:

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                • Oct 2002

Read my own review of the RX-V3200 use has a pre/pro compare to the RSP-1066, paired with a RMB-1095, here on Club Rotel:

http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/index.cfm?fuseaction=Threads.viewthread&CFB=1&TID= 48229&Forum=25
                To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

Unfortunately, I can't broom her. She uses it for transportation.

Well, the Rotel is still not here, my dealer says this week (I think he's fertilizing me). I told my wife I was going to cancel the order, boy was she happy. I still haven't done it yet, I hope it's worth all the grief.

Thanks again gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"